• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Monetising International Queries We Can't Service?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

We're ranking quite well for, and getting some decent traffic for, a keyphrase that relates directly to a product we sell. We're not talking huge amounts, but enough to have a look at and think about optimising.

Don't hate me, I'm not showing off - there is a fly in this ointment.

This particular product is too big and bulky for us to ship outside the UK, and the phrase we're ranking for is predominantly a phrase that people from the USA would use to describe the product. We making some conversions for the phrase, but I suspect this is to Americans in the UK and that we would make more sales if we were able to ship to the USA.

Any suggestions about how we can make the most of this traffic?

I've considered setting up an amazon affiliation to this product for customers outside the UK, but there are a load of other products that we can compete on and I'm cautious of losing sales whilst chasing some affiliate commissions.

Any other ideas?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:52 AM

Is there the possibility of finding a US based supplier who would ship to those US addresses for you?

There would be several ways to structure it, from your taking the order then paying the US supplier to purchase whatever it is (at a discount of course) and having them do the shipping, to simply referring the customers with US addresses to your partner to save them money on shipping and getting what amounts to an affiliate cut of the proceeds. But the first step is going to be to find someone who can handle the shipments and is willing to work with you.

#3 BeTheBest

BeTheBest

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hi Rolf,
You don't mention the specifics about your product, so I may be off the wall. However, I have had similar types of experience in (I am sure) other fields and product types.

I can tell you that there are US Warehouses that will perform all of your logistics and 'pick and pack' for orders. Now, they all vary in size and requirements. However, for the most part, they operate with YOU, their client, offering FREE storage of inventory. They are so large, that they get discounts on freight, UPS and all of that. The only catch is that you must use them for all of your freight outbound from the warehouse (some may also want inbound too).

So in short, you're paying the 'normal' freight rates and they are making their fees on the discounts offered by carriers. They will charge a small order processing fee, etc., but overall, they are a cost effective way of placing inventory in the US and not having to worry about it. You just send a fax or e-mail when you get an order and they ship it out.

Now that does sound real simple, but there can be some bumps in the road. You will most likely need a US Broker to clear your product into the US through customs, etc. And not every logistics warehouse will meet all of your requirements. However, if you're serious, I can point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!