• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Redirect To Another Domain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robmuller

Robmuller

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

Hi

I managed to register a domain that is the dream name for my business. However, I already established more than a 1,000 quality inlinks to pages within the domain I am currently using and this resulted in excellent SE rankings.

My question: from a page rank point of view will it work to use a 301 redirect to pages within the new domain? E.g. current page www.example.com/paris.aspx I like to redirect with a 301 to www.new-example.com/paris.aspx.

Question two: I also like to keep the current domain with its content. This means that two domains with identical content will be up and running. Is that a reason for a SE provider to give a penalty?

Best wishes

Rob

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

Once you redirect the old pages to the new, the old ones will cease to exist (even if they're still on your server).

301-redirecting the entire old domain to the new one should work fine for you, although you will want to try to get as many of your links changed if possible.

#3 Robmuller

Robmuller

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hi Jill

Thank you for your fast reply. Stupid second question of me: indeed as you say the pages will not exist anymore due to the redirect.

Best wishes

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.