• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Best Way To Link To Blog On Different Host Provider

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anim8tr

anim8tr

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

Hi everyone... I have an existing website which ranks very well. I would like to add a blog to it, but my current host provider does not have very good support in regard to blogs (I know this from experience). What I would like to do is setup my blog with a different hosting provider and then link to it from my exisitng web site. Here's my question...

Am I better off (from an SEO perspective) by linking to it, with it's own unique domain name (i.e. www.mynewblog.com), or am I better off creating a new subdomain (i.e. mynewblog.myexistingdomain.com) and setting the IP address of the new blog/domain to a subdomain name using my current domain name?

Hopefully this makes sense... I'm thinking that it's better from an SEO perspective to use the same domain name, even though they are being hosted with two separate hosting providers. Is this better? Thanks...

Edited by anim8tr, 18 August 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

What kind of support does your host need to have for a blog? It's just web pages?

That said, we have thousands of threads on where you should have your blog on your server (basically, it doesn't matter). You might want to look them up.

#3 anim8tr

anim8tr

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Aug 18 2009, 09:34 PM) View Post
What kind of support does your host need to have for a blog? It's just web pages?

That said, we have thousands of threads on where you should have your blog on your server (basically, it doesn't matter). You might want to look them up.

Jill, the issue is that my host provider is IIS based and I've been bumping into a number of permission issues related to pinging, updating and using permalinks that they can't resolve for me. I have several other blogs on a different host provider (apache based) that I haven't had any issues with... thus the reason for wanting to host this new blog there.

In any regard, I have done a search in the forum for "blogs" and "hosting", but I'm ending up with several hundred messages to sift through. Is there any way that you could point me in the right direction? Thank you...

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

Try this forum search:

blog as subdomain or directory[/hr]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,