• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Tools For Deciding Keyword Difficulty

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kicka

kicka

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

HI,

I am new to this forum and hope you guys can help.

I have a site providing expert advice to clients, where lots of experts have their profile published.

TO make the long story short, i have 5 categories, law, education, health, finance and computer,.... so i would need few keywords for pages on each categories, so that means more than 20 on each categories, so that means i need something like 100 + keywords to target.

i have a list in hand, where i have like 50- 100 of keyphrases/ keywords potentially effective for SEO, yet do i paste them on Google and yahoo ONE BY ONE and see how vigorous the competition?

i am trying to looking for tools with a reasonably usefulness to paste BUNCH of keywords and get their competitiveness, of which the model takes into account the top 20 results' PR, Site Traffic, Back Link...etc, and tell me how many "Trash" site is there on the the top 20 results so... if that's more than 1/3, i can use such keywords.

so many tools out there that gives a general number of the Keyword Difficulty of ONE keyword/phrase, but i would need to have one that i can put in 20 or 50 at the same time, for which the formula it use is meaningful enough for me to do the judgement of competitiveness.

Anyone can help?? Thanks in advance!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

The problem is that Google doesn't like people automating those types of searches, which you'd have to do if you want to plug in multiple search terms at once.

You can do it via their SOAP API with an API key, but they've discontinued giving out those keys, so unless you know someone with one, you're even out of luck that way.

This is why you won't find many of these types of tools available right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.