• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

tinnitus, speakers, etc.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:08 AM

It tells me that you have your headphones on too loud to hear what's going on around you smile.gif

#2 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:32 AM

you like crisps.
hell yeah, don't you?

It tells me that you have your headphones on too loud to hear what's going on around you
Sorry can you speak up, I seem to have ringing in my ears.... disco.gif

#3 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

Change your mixer, you should know, when an amp unit starts clipping the sound gets bad and the damage is long term!

#4 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:42 AM

That would explain the tinitus then! I have DJ ear, and have had for many years, have you seen the film "It's all gone Pete Tong" , a bit wacko, but still quite funny.

Though I don't use an amp anymore, well I have my decks plugged into my PC, and then I have a VideoLogic Scirroco Pro sounds system for my PC.

awesome PC speakers , if a tad expensive : http://ixbtlabs.com/...opro/index.html

Gone are the days when I thought I needed 3 amps and twenty speakers, all that is now in the loft lol.gif

#5 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

I still have my Xone32 and 1210s wired up, although they are used so rarely that when you lift the lids on the decks you get the same sound as if you are biting into a choc ice, breaking the seals!

#6 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

i used to work as a sound engineer.. and can honestly say.. two decent wall mounted monitors positioned correctly is all you need. of course that was ten years ago. And whats surround sound? ah yes, i remember, switch the phases smile.gif

#7 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

1210's eh, never did get a pair, too expensive, i decided to be one of the first ever CD DJ's hence my DJ Name (C.D.C.).

I wasn't popular with the rave scene back then, nicky blackmarket gave me a right snub when I told him I didn't do vinyl anymore - lol

But you're right about the use, my decks (Gemini CD2000x & CDM10:2 mixer) all in a nice carpet flight case serves me more as a computer side table than as decks, but I need to put another set together for my free mix downloads sextion, so i'll dust them down this weekend and check i can remember how to use the darn things lol.gif

#8 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

small scene. me and nick go all the way back to 1992

#9 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

blimey a couple of old cheesy quavers doing SEO smile.gif
excuse me butting in.. but 1992 what a year !! many a night spent at Kinetic (gabba was the night of choice) or the fantazia do's at telford. Followed in 93 with the first universe before it got too commercial (if it wasnt already). A tear gas cannister at the sanctuary killed it off for me after that, i was already getting fed up at that point.

#10 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

well my eara was really 88/89 (summer of love!) up to @ 1992 , I still went to the odd rave like Tribal Gathering in 1997 , and summer breeze. but 89-91 was cetainly my most favourite.

Biology, Sunrise, Rain Dance, Humanities, 2000 AD, Labyrinth, Astoria, The Windmill pud every sunday @ clapham common and even bounce in Bedford which was run by 'Helter Skelter' before they relocated to Milton Keynes and became know as Dreamscape!

It's a shame I'd never heard of 'The Mansion House' apparently it was kicking back then, and now I live in the damn town and it's a restraunt!

They still do Hailing Island now and then, and I nearly went to new years eve 2008/9 Fantazia in Birmingham, but the place only held 3000 and it was gonna cost me and the missus best part of a grand to go what with the train ticket, hotel, food, etc.. plus we thought we'd probably just feel old and want to go home for a cup of coco!

oh think i'm showing my age now oldfogey.gif

I never made a Fantazia - Castle Morton would have been awesome, 20,000+ ravers, now that's what I call a party! it's also where one of my favourite Top Buzz sets were played.

Yeah the sanctuary & Eclipse (aka Edge) in coventry had some bad incidents which killed it for me, it put me off going one night, damn it I only missed being on Altern-8 video as they filmed it there that night!!!!

I wonder if another generation will ever have such a good time raving as we used to have, I bet if they do we'll think their music sounds lol.gif

#11 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

the fantazia do's at telford were smaller ones, not like the big events they used to do.. at least i think it was fantazia at telford.. cant really remember. Odd venue.

Never went to the eclipse.. it was going downhill by then so we never bothered. Kinetic was the place of choice really, as it was only up the road. The sanctuary (dreamscape) i never liked at all for some reason.. i just couldnt put my finger on it, i just thought it was crap. The last time i went i came home at 1.00. gave it all up after that.

Tribal gathering 93 was just awesome though..

Top Buzz.. lol havent heard that name in years. I was more of an easy groove kind of bloke though.. and i preferred gabba or some of the darker techno like 'the music maker' stuff (appalling dj but top tunes), some 'producer', clarkee etc.

PS has anyone got a copy of the awesome set by easy groove at obsession around 93 NYE? you'll know the one i mean if you have.. top set with awesome timed MC'ing and a twenty minute section which is just unbelievable. So good, i'd almost say it was a rehearsed studio set between the two of them.

#12 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

The big rave I went to @ 92/93 was World Dance @ essex showground, it was alright.

But I understand your sentiments re-Sanctuary, i had a similar experience @ london's Astoria when Fantasy FM put on a big doo as they had finanly gone legal and got their radio licence.

My favourite artists at the time were 4Hero (Mr Kirk, Your Son Is Dead!) & The Scientist (The Exorsist / The Bee) , I was well excited to see them live.....oh boy...

The bouncers were assholes, no-one was allowed Gum, they stopped people from dancing on tables, I was strip searched going into the club.

They had yellow stobes and 4hero was

I left before The Scientist came on stage as I was so peed off with the place.... I lost the love for the club / rave scene after that!

Can't help with the easy groove set i'm afraid, wasn't into buying mix stuff at the time as I DJ'd and needed unmixed music, couldn't afford both, i only had the Top Buzz tape coz a mate lent me it and i coppied it as I loved it so much. I got a Rat Pack CD though smile.gif

Simple Simon said to the pie man what have you got there, two grams of speed, an eight of weed and Top Buzz tape beware!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!