• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Competition Using Pay Per Post / Hiring Copywriters To Link In To Thei

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hi Jill,
No doubt once you have a blog that's indexed this is surely true. In fact what I was talking about was a situation where you have a new domain.com and a user.wordpress.com, in the short term I've seen the latter get picked up faster.

"non-decorated links into your blog posts, that way if you're scraped and links don't get stripped out, you might at least get a link to your website!"

In a nutshell. Someone scrapes your blog post. They put in on theirs. If html links are not stripped out when the scraping takes place, and you have a link in your blog post to your website (using a text style decoration none so it's not visible). You may get a few links from the blog. It's a minumum of payoff but at least its something. If that's still over your head, you can ignore me.

Randy: a good summary of the blog network stuff, but again we're confusing a summary of implementation with methodology. Yes the methodology of getting writers for blogs works. Yes it can be used and is for nefarious purposes. But the choice of how to implement the method is in the eye of the beholder. The fact of the matter is that the Black Hat stuff can be tweaked to very good effect in the "white hat" circles.

Who doesn't want to get rich quick? I for one don't want to slog it out in front of a PC until retirement, so I think it's best to keep an open mind and that involves reading lots of things that "white hat" purists wouldn't touch...at the expense of their online success I might add. Still it's okay I know the camps in this field, I'm just in the middle.

2Clean

#17 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

In a nutshell. Someone scrapes your blog post. They put in on theirs. If html links are not stripped out when the scraping takes place, and you have a link in your blog post to your website (using a text style decoration none so it's not visible). You may get a few links from the blog. It's a minumum of payoff but at least its something. If that's still over your head, you can ignore me.

Are you talking about anchor text links? Is that what you're trying to say when you mention "non-decorated links?" If so, I use both anchor text and plain text links in most of my posts.

Hmm... not sure how you got the impression that we're slogging it out in front of a PC. Yes, I do write copy, but many of my ventures are passive income projects that I build once and let them produce money for me without much additional effort. I know other mods here that have similar setups. Slogging? Uh... no. nah.gif

#18 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

Slogging. lol.gif

Umm... no I don't quite do that anymore. Maybe I did it a bit more when I worked for others making their SEO and Marketing work.

Nowadays where I run my own sites and have automated them to a very high degree, I work maybe 2-3 hours per day. Maybe. Probably more like 30 minutes per day if I'm not developing something new.

As far as the whole Make Money Fast and Blackhat discussions go, they're mutually exclusive concepts.

In my life online I've done more blackhat and grayhat stuff than anybody I know. Including blackhatters who are so dedicated that their hearts have turned truly dark. I've done that to test stuff, because I always have questions and am always pushing the boundaries of good sense. Forget cutting edge, I prefer the bleeding edge before it ever gets cut.wink1.gif

That said, I would not recommend anyone else do that kind of thing. To play that game you have to know a helluva lot more about what you're doing and the potential consequences. 99.9999% don't have the experience to deal with either of those. Seriously. Even the big name SEO's on both sides of the fence. Personally those SEOs are the ones who rankle me most. If you're going to apply questionable tactics you need to be doing it with your own site, not client sites. SEO Clients never have enough knowledge to make an informed decision on such practices. If they did, they'd not be hiring an SEO.

Not to mention at the end of the day it's just not necessary to wear a hat let alone a dark colored one if the goal is to make money online. There are literally tens of thousands of markets a person could still jump into today, be totally white hat in their approach while being just a little bit ingenuitive as compared to other sites in the market and make an absolute killing on the financial front. And continue making such a killing for many years to come, without ever having to worry about getting caught.

#19 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(copywriter)
Are you talking about anchor text links? Is that what you're trying to say when you mention "non-decorated links?" If so, I use both anchor text and plain text links in most of my posts.

Decorated links are those that you see are a link, because they're underlined or a different color. Where non-decorated ones would look like regular text until you moused over them.

#20 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Really?! I never knew that. Learn something new... yadda, yadda, yadda.

#21 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

It's a web design term, I think really for CSS. So no reason for you to really know it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!