• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Link Building Questions - Effect Of 301 Redirects

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yunheec

yunheec

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:32 AM

Dear, People

I really need a answers for following questions.
I hope you guys can help me out with this.

Example Case.
- Site domain will be changed from us.example.com to www.example.com/us and 301 redirects will be applied.
- Measurement of Current link of us.example.com by using “link:” in Google is 1,000
- Measurement of Current link of us.example.com in Yahoo Site Explorer is 1,000

Q1. After 301 Redirects is applied, does link popularity of us.example.com will be also transfer to www.example.com/us?
- Which means, if I measure link popularity of www.example.com/us in Google by “link:” then 1,000 will come up?
- Which means, if I measure link popularity of www.example.com/us in Yahoo site explorer then 1,000 will come up?

Q2. After 301 Redirect is applied, does Google PR will be recovered?
Which means, Google PR of us.example.com will be transferred to www.example.com/us?

Pleas, help me out here~!
In advence, I will appreciate all your help~!

#2 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

basically, yes to all, but you'll drop PR and ratings termporaraily and across all pages, and for an unknown period of time. In the meantime this will obviously lose you traffic. If its an established site, then you need to be 100% certain this wont affect your business before you do it.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

basically, yes to all, but you'll drop PR and ratings termporaraily and across all pages, and for an unknown period of time. In the meantime this will obviously lose you traffic.

You will lose toolbar PR, yes, because they don't update the toolbar often. But that doesn't mean you'll lose traffic since there's no correlation between toolbar PR and traffic.

If you set up the redirects correctly, you shouldn't notice much of a blip in traffic these days. For awhile, it was quite a problem, but it's not anymore assuming that the site your redirecting is well-established and has a number of high quality backward links pointing to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!