Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
Link Building Questions - Effect Of 301 Redirects
Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:32 AM
I really need a answers for following questions.
I hope you guys can help me out with this.
- Site domain will be changed from us.example.com to www.example.com/us and 301 redirects will be applied.
- Measurement of Current link of us.example.com by using “link:” in Google is 1,000
- Measurement of Current link of us.example.com in Yahoo Site Explorer is 1,000
Q1. After 301 Redirects is applied, does link popularity of us.example.com will be also transfer to www.example.com/us?
- Which means, if I measure link popularity of www.example.com/us in Google by “link:” then 1,000 will come up?
- Which means, if I measure link popularity of www.example.com/us in Yahoo site explorer then 1,000 will come up?
Q2. After 301 Redirect is applied, does Google PR will be recovered?
Which means, Google PR of us.example.com will be transferred to www.example.com/us?
Pleas, help me out here~!
In advence, I will appreciate all your help~!
Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:43 AM
Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:14 AM
You will lose toolbar PR, yes, because they don't update the toolbar often. But that doesn't mean you'll lose traffic since there's no correlation between toolbar PR and traffic.
If you set up the redirects correctly, you shouldn't notice much of a blip in traffic these days. For awhile, it was quite a problem, but it's not anymore assuming that the site your redirecting is well-established and has a number of high quality backward links pointing to it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users