• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Javascript Href Link That Google And Other Se's Won't Follow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RobS

RobS

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

Does anyone know where i can get a script which i can use in an HREF tag that google etc. can't spidered?

eg.
<a href="#" onclick=java script:.....siteURL..... rel=nofollow>text link</a>

I have some important outgoing links that go to a third-party registration from my site, but i don't want them passing any link juice etc. I already use the rel=nofollow to minimize the link juice being passed out, but i don't want google counting this link as an outgoing link as i use it many times on the web site.

thanks

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

Nofollow is all you need. Obsessing over "link juice" isn't going to help you anyway.

#3 portentint

portentint

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

Google actually does spider some javascript links now, so nofollow is your best bet for keeping link juice from external sites.

However, if you use nofollow, note that it doesn't appear to keep the link juice on the page. Instead, per Matt Cutts' comments at SMX Advanced this year, it may actually 'nuke' that portion of your PageRank.

In most cases, if you want to do a better job of funneling pagerank around, the best way is through architecture: Reducing the number of links on a page, etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.