• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Bookmark Submission

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CDNSHOPGUY

CDNSHOPGUY

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:56 AM

I have a feeling I'm going to get chewed for this one. I came across a software on the net and i'm sure there's an equivelent at <domain removed per [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url]>. The software allows you to sign into 200 social bookmarking sites and do mass submissions. Now i've read that the sudden increase of links to a site can be damaging. Is there any positive way of using this software or should I stay away.

Do you guys manually submit all your sites to social bookmark sites ?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

Of course it's wrong. If you didn't think it probably was wrong you wouldn't be asking in hopes someone will say spamming is just fine. giggle.gif

You should stay away.

Do you guys manually submit all your sites to social bookmark sites ?

You're assuming we all submit any sites to social bookmarking sites. I don't personally. If I was really into the whole social media scene I might do a bit of it with select sites, but as things stand right now I don't have any more hours in the day to apply to something that I know is largely going to be a time waster. I do however have some plans for one new launch in particular that will incorporate social media aspects in the overall marketing plan.

#3 CDNSHOPGUY

CDNSHOPGUY

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

Sorry didn't mean to post the domain. I don't endorse it, more of a question on the type of software.

Thanks Randy! I hope you share your information on your social media plan.

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Of course. For me it's no fun unless I share. Both what works and what doesn't. lol.gif

But the social media bit is going to be just a part of the equation for the new endeavor. And with this particular project it just fits. Most of my others I'd have to retrofit, which I fear wouldn't go very smoothly.

#5 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

What does submitting to social bookmarking sites mean?

I can't spam myspace with links to my site, I can create a user profile and hope someone finds it, and I can request to become someones friend and if they allow me, I can send them messages.

I don't see the corrolation with 'submitting' ? , they aren't directories or are they?

I don't do them, so not sure how alot of them work. But if it's possible to spam your site to these social networking sites, for me that's just another reason to not use them.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

But if it's possible to spam your site to these social networking sites, for me that's just another reason to not use them.

BINGO!

#7 Jadee77

Jadee77

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Just logged in here because I'm trying to learn a little bit about social bookmarking myself. I've read a couple of articles and still feel like I don't have a complete understanding of it. I have done really well up until now without it but I keep hearing about it and wondering if I was missing something. You'll probably need to correct me on this, but I was understanding that as you add a social bookmark for a site, that then becomes a link in your profile, thus providing an additional backlink to the site. Do I have this completely wrong?

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Yep!

#9 Jadee77

Jadee77

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ May 13 2011, 04:54 PM) View Post
Yep!

Thanks. Obviously the article I had read on SEO and bookmarking was incorrect then. I'm going to keep doing a little research, but would most agree then that it's pretty much a waste of time from an SEO standpoint?

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

Social media is marketing not optimising and not specially effective unless done properly.

I like the comment in this article

Imagine for a second that you have an offline business downtown. Maybe it's a computer shop or a bakery. Now imagine that you spend all day every day walking down the street and stepping into each business along the way. You make random comments to the customers in those businesses, such as "Hi, I have a bakery three doors down" and then walk out.

That seems kinda stupid, doesn't it?

Social Media link dropping is in the same category.

#11 Jadee77

Jadee77

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ May 14 2011, 08:02 AM) View Post
Social media is marketing not optimising and not specially effective unless done properly.
I like the comment in this article
Social Media link dropping is in the same category.

Got it. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!