• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Viewing Poster Profiles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SteelersFan

SteelersFan

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

I am getting an error message when I try to view a poster's profile. Is that normal?

Thank you. :-)

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

No it's not normal. I just checked by viewing your profile and didn't get any error.

What's the error message you're getting? Knowing that should help us troubleshoot it.

And how are you getting to the profile? I just clicked on your username in the thread post, then view member profile to see yours.

#3 SteelersFan

SteelersFan

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Jul 19 2009, 04:03 AM) View Post
No it's not normal. I just checked by viewing your profile and didn't get any error.

What's the error message you're getting? Knowing that should help us troubleshoot it.

And how are you getting to the profile? I just clicked on your username in the thread post, then view member profile to see yours.

I just click on your username in this thread, then clicked view profile and this is what I get:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Obviously I am logged in as I am making posts under my username. Perhaps it is a corrupted cookie file? I'll try logging out and then logging back in to see if that helps.

#4 SteelersFan

SteelersFan

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

I logged out and then logged back in. I still get that error message.

It looks like I could send you a PM though. That option seems to work when I view your profile.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

We may, at some point, have made it so that only mods can view profiles. Or that may be inadvertently happening for some reason.

#6 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

I have also this error .. I thought that I don't get privileges to see profiles that's why I didn't ask ..

Actually, it's annoying, because sometimes I don't have the time to connect for a week and maybe more , and I don't find a way to check my threads (to see if anyone gave an answer )

So I'm forced to search for one of my posts , then click "view member threads (or something like that)" ..

The easiest way (that I'm doing in all other forums) is just clicking on my name in the "connected members box" in the footer .. But when I do so in here I got the error message.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Yes, we still have that bug. Unfortunately, we don't have a developer on staff with the knowledge to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!