• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Hong Kong Spam?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 harpsound

harpsound

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

I got this from a registrar/?? in Hong Kong
I think it is spam?

I own mydomain,ca outright - i have not registered as a trademark however.
Any ideas?

Stephen

Dear President&CEO,

We are a domain name registration and dispute organization in Asia, which mainly deal with the global companies' domain name registration and internet intellectual property right protection. Currently, we have a pretty important issue needing to confirm with your company.

On July 13, 2009, we received an application formally. One company named " HTMB Holdings Inc." wanted to applied for the domain names" mydomain.ca,etc." and Internet Trademark "mydomain" through our body.

Now we are handling with the registration of these domain names and find that the keyword of these domain names and internet trademark is identical with your company's. So we have to confirm with you at two points:
1. If your company consign HTMB company to register these domain names and internet keyword, we will send application form to them and help them finish the registration at once.
2. If your company have nothing to do with HTMB company, they maybe have other purposes to register these domain names and internet keyword.

We haven't finished the registration of HTMB company yet, and we have postponed this application of this company temporarily already. In order to deal with this issue better, please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Waiting for your reply ASAP.

Best regards,
Rock
Director

#2 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:54 AM

Hi Stephen

I see hundreds of these and routinely ignore them.

Of course, if they're pointing out a domain that you genuinely don't own and feel that you should own, you can always go off and buy that domain through your registrar of choice.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

Yep, seen 'em lots of times too.

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Yep, me too.

Those are almost as numerous as the spam I get from people wanting to get my sites a first page ranking, even though they all already have first page rankings. lol.gif

Right up there with all of the junk snail mail I still get from supposedly legitimate companies trying to trick me into changing the domain registrar for my domains by acting like they're already my registrar. I wonder if they'll some day realize their constant lies in the mail that might make them a few dollars will keep me from ever doing business with them?

#5 harpsound

harpsound

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

Thanks

Just a little spooked as I have had a few USA legal types chasing me in the last year over what I thought were nonsense claims.

This particular spam did not show up in Google searches so I wondered.

I have since found something similar in Indonesian which was obviously a phish using mydomainindonesia.cn

S

#6 SolarPanels4U

SolarPanels4U

Not Ranked

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

Got this today myself Got paniky but my web master sent an email to confirm he was my hosting agent and that means you cant duplicate a .com
So if you are clear you are an owner there is nothing to worry about...
Also the scam got mere here so I will run with this site and see how it pans out

Cheers All

#7 s43

s43

Not Ranked

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

I've got that once or twice. Don't worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!