• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Cms & Seo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 T.N

T.N

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hello there,

does SEO & CMS still bad relation? I read about that thing, but not sure yet about it.

Some say that Joomla is the best choice for SEO, is that right ?
and what if it is the ideal solution, which plugins u recommend to install in Joomla for SEO?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

does SEO & CMS still bad relation? I read about that thing, but not sure yet about it.

Not sure what you mean there.

There are thousands of CMS's. Some are great for SEO purposes and some not.

#3 nickora

nickora

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:47 AM

It is really varied, im sure with most CMS you can get the SEO functions you actually want albeit with a bit of hacking. I have got a Joomla site at the moment with which I am very happy with the SEO on it (BUT...), the reason being that i dont use many modules and the modules from external sources dont always have the same functionality you might want.

#4 breaksireland

breaksireland

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

Some are good some are bad. At the moment we are looking to do some SEO for a client who have a CMS that is very restrictive. Fortunately we have a CMS system ourselves that works perfectly from an SEO perspective so we will be looking to move the site across to our CMS.

#5 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

I think what you are asking is whether the early problems of CMS systems not being indexed very well by search engines are over. This depends. There are still some that won't do you any favours, but Joomla or Wordpres are indexing very well.

Some info I put in another thread that you might find useful

http://www.highranki...h...st&p=301356

#6 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

A CMS is a tool for making it easier for non-techies to put content on a website. It really doesn't help or hurt SEO in and of itself.

Some tools do things like making all of your pages have the same title... which obviously isn't good. But I think it's been years since any of the major CMS packages out there were so inflexible.

Whether you build a site from scratch or use a software package like a CMS, you need to know what you are doing but neither has an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to SEO. Like all tools, it's all in how you use it. bash.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!