• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Like: "productline" Versus "product Line"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PVMAA

PVMAA

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

Hi:

My new client sells a product line that he refers to as one word, but per Google Analytics, much more search activity takes place on the word broken into 2 parts, ie:

he says "productline"
Google says people search far more for "product line"

BUT! while there's about 3x more searching going on for "product line", there still is substantial search happening for "productline" too.

When creating the Page Title Tags (attributes) as well as descriptive content, is there a reasonable way to use both variations without appearing to be making mistakes?

(If this has been addressed elsewhere, sorry! I couldn't think how to search for this question.)

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

When creating the Page Title Tags (attributes)

Do you mean Title tags, or link title attributes? The latter does not get indexed by Google.

In terms of how to use both forms of the words I typically recommend choosing one specific page of the site to target the lesser searched upon word, but not mix both forms on any one page.

#3 PVMAA

PVMAA

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Hi Jill:

I mean the Title Tags.

Thanks for the input - though I can't quite see how to do what you're suggesting. It's 2 ways of saying the same thing, the text would be the same, the products discussed the same - how create a different page?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well you can't have 2 different forms of one word on one page or it looks like a typo or you just don't know how to say it.

Surely, there's some other page of the site that can focus on the other spelling?

#5 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

I agree with Jill. Using a misspelling and a correct spelling on the same page looks like a mistake. The people who use the misspelling of "productline" will think you're making a mistake and so will the people using the correct spelling of "product line."

In the copy, some writers will do something like "Our blue suede shoe product line (often referred to as a productline) is 100% organic brushed wool........." But I, personally, have never cared for that approach. That won't help you in the title tag anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!