• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Nofollow + External Links: What Has Changed?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mirabile

mirabile

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hello all,

I am new to this forum so thanks for your patience. If this question has been answered elsewhere, then my apologies and please point me in the right direction!

We all know that Google/Matt Cutts recently disclosed that nofollow links actually do pass link juice. While everyone has been discussing what this means for PR sculpting (which I promise not to chew your ear off about)- my question is, what does this mean for external links? If nofollow passes juice now, does that mean that I will again get benefits from Wikipedia, or Craig's List, or Facebook? What about linking to sites we don't want to vouch for - does nofollow even prevent passing PR to them (it doesn't sound like it, nor does JavaScript entirely...)?

Thanks for any advice and insights! Also, please note that I do not endorse spammy paid linking schemes at all - but am rather curious what all these new nofollow rules mean for external links, not just internal ones.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

We all know that Google/Matt Cutts recently disclosed that nofollow links actually do pass link juice.

Umm...I think you're a little confused there. That's not at all what Matt Cutts said. He said nofollow links evaporate PageRank. Which is pretty much the opposite of what you said.

See our thread on PageRank evaporation for more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!