• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Demographics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DamienKarras

DamienKarras

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hello everyone, new to this forum and I didn't see anything in the stickies pertaining to my question: If I have a certain product I want to sell, are there any free websites that have any type of consumer demographics for said product? For example, I'm looking for a site where I could type in a product name and it would give me a breakdown of customer age, region where they live, etc. I realize I could hire someone to do this, but I was curious to see if I could do the research myself.

Thanks!
~DK

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

Welcome DK ! hi.gif

As to your question, there is no such free resource I'm aware of. Frankly, there is so much data required and so much number crunching involved in customer profiling I would be rather surprised if anyone ever offered anything close to deep demographic data for free.

There are several pay services out there. Most were originally developed for offline marketing (read Direct Marketing) so have been around for years, but have been updated to include online data streams.

#3 smulder

smulder

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

Hi DK,

You might try a bit of a workaround- it wouldn't give you exactly what you need, but perhaps an idea or starting point. Find a website that offers the product you're interested in (ideally a strong website), and see if they have Quantcast or Alexa information. Those sites will give some demographic info; there might be others out there, too.

Good Luck.

#4 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

Try and find a website that reflects your niche and then got and use the service by www.quantcast.com for some basic demographics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!