• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Can You Recommend Seo Reports I Should Offer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thwart

thwart

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

Hi all. I have a few clients - all of which are ecommerce. I have been doing some pretty standard reporting for them, but want to upgrade some reports to things that are more actionable. I'd like to see what some of you experts are offering!

Here's what I have in a nutshell - visibility reports (ranking reports), revenue and traffic reports based on the keywords I'm targeting, competitive reports from Comscore, backlinking reports with the link: operator in Yahoo, and site: reports.

What else could I provide? Should I focus on bounce rates, natural traffic and revenue on the page level? What could I give them that will help them (and me) make informed decisions into what to change on their site?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

If it were me I'd focus more on Revenue and Conversion than anything else. Of course this incorporates many other things, such as traffic channels and which are performing best, which landing pages and which landing pages are performing best, etc. But at the end of the day it's the revenue and visitor conversion that are going to make the biggest difference in the clients bottom line.

Of course this probably means you'd have to have some way to set up and run some sort of split or multivariate testing for the main landing pages. Which means more work for you.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

Google analytics!

See my article here for some of the stuff I recommend:

Using Analytics to Measure SEO Success

#4 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

For me, I include (and this only really applies to organic, i dont do adwords)
STATS
Visitor Stats - figures, time on site, pageviews, boounce, new visits, pages/visit
Last months visitor stats (for comparison)
Traffic referalls - Direct, organic, adwords if used, sites
Google info - pagerank, IBL's, indexed pages vs total pages

Page stats - most viewed, bounce and exit, time on page etc, normal analytics stuff.
Conversions and goals - any details of conversion, be it to contact page or through a shopping cart process. SHopping carts also normally carry drop off rate details throughout the process.
Landing page stats - aganin, exit rates, bounce etc.

KEYWORDS
Total number of keywords site is found for
Top 20 referring keywords with bounce, time on site etc.
Keywords positions - across google, yahoo and Bing with adjustments. Keywords are highlighted which return the correct landing page (to be honest this is one of my main aims after position)

WORK
Suggestions of links or work the client can do themselves.
The occasional competitor review

All the above is interspersed with advice on rectifying the problem areas, eg a high bounce rate on one page/term would have possibilities and suggestions on how to reduce it. It doesnt take long to create the report either (about twenty mins) as its template based and really just involves a bit of copy and paste from analytics.

Some people read them fully, some dont even bother looking. Some take the advice, some dont. The important thing is that you're providing something for them, even if they dont look at it. Its also reference for yourself too.

Edited by adibranch, 07 July 2009 - 04:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!