• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Authorize.net Down

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gsimerlink

gsimerlink

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

I don't know if anybody else uses Authorize.net, but their whole system is down. Evidently they had a fire at their Seattle primary data center and things have been offline for 5 hours now. You can follow them on twitter @AuthorizeNet if this effects you.

#2 gsimerlink

gsimerlink

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Update: Authorize.net is now fully operational. Yay!

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

I noticed I couldn't get to the normal www merchant interface address early this morning too, but didn't dig into why since I really didn't need to get in other than to look at yesterday's totals and get them recorded in my Daily Sales spreadsheet. Well that and the fact that I really was looking for any excuse not to do any work today. giggle.gif

As a bit of an update, the account(dot)authorize(dot)net and www(dot)authorize(dot)net addresses are both working again now.

Regarding processing, some of those methods of sending through transactions are back up now. I believe they're still working on some of them though. I can say I've had a handful of transactions that apparently went through okay in the last little bit.

Hey, at least if it had to happen it was on a day when my sales are typically a little slower because of the holiday weekend. blink.gif And at least this time the fire wasn't at a dc where my actual servers are housed. I remember that little episode, and it was a nightmare for a few days, even though my server folks handled it about as well as could be expected at the time.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

I heard everyone twittering about it earlier. Was surprised that a fire in one datacenter could effect so many people. Surprised authorize.net didn't have some sort of redundancy elsewhere.

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Well, they did have backups of everything. But not redundancy. From the official messages I got it looked like they thought they had better redundancy set up, at least for the processing side of the equation. But it failed horribly with the fire. I'd be willing to bet it was a DNS issue and their DNS servers were located in the section that went up in flames.

The processing ability was really only down for hours. But I'm still noticing the Merchant's Interface being sluggish. Even today, several days after the initial event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!