• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Deal With Synonyms And Re-ordered Keyword Phrases In Copywritin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mootphd

Mootphd

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

I am desperately trying to find what seems like very basic information, and I would appreciate any help....

I am new to SEO, but I have spent quite a bit of time over the last 6 months trying to learn the basics and beyond. I have learned about keywords, keyword research, density, KEI, etc. I have read about how to integrate keywords into copywriting, but the one piece of information I am missing is how to deal with the loads of synonyms and re-orders of keyword phrases.

I have a very long list of keywords for the general topic area of my site. Most of these are simply synonyms and keyword re-orders. My gut is telling me to pick the "best" two or three or four and use these for the title and headlines and then try to incorporate some of the synonyms/re-orders into the text and internal links. Is this correct, or am I way off track?

Thank you very much!

Yours in keyword overload,
Mootphd

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Welcome Mootphd! hi.gif

Keep in mind that each of those words on your list is a separate keyphrase, synonyms, re-order or not. You're not going to be able to use all of them on a single page.

Depending on the length of your page, I'd choose 3 or 4 phrases to use throughout... code, tags, headlines, copy, everywhere. What you're trying to do is show Google and other engines that this page is an original, authoritative piece of text about those, particular 3 or 4 phrases. If you include 7, 8, 9, 10 search terms, you'll fragment your focus.

#3 Mootphd

Mootphd

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

But what about all of the synonyms and re-orders? Use them on other pages, or give up on them?

#4 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Yes. Use them on other pages.

#5 Mootphd

Mootphd

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts