• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Problem In Google Analytics?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gsimerlink

gsimerlink

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

This is a problem I came across today in Google Analytics. Any help or insight would be great.

We track weekly email campaigns using the Google tracking tags and the results have been pretty good. However I was looking at how some new campaigns performed this month and I saw these numbers in relation to our latest campaign which started 6/29/09:

Date Range 5/31/09-6/30/09
Campaign 6-29-09
Visits: 1,403
Revenue: $1,563.33
Conversions: 13

Then I switched the date to look back at how some earlier campaigns have added up:

Date Range 1/1/09-6/30/09
Campaign 6-29-09
Visits: 182
Revenue: $22.17
Conversions: 1

As you can see the numbers for the same campaign shrank quite dramatically when I changed the start date backwards. The campaign in question started on 6-29-09 so it really should not make a difference on what the start date is as long as it is before the campiagn.

I started playing around with the start date and had to draw the date back to 5-2-09 to get similar results to the past 30 days. I also looked at all of our weekly campaigns on a month by month basis and added up the total in comparison to the same campaigns taken from the start of the year. Overall they were off by 5%.

Has anybody come across a probelm like this before? I know the results aren't going to be entirely accurate, but you'd think that changing the beginning date range that preceeds when the campaign started should have no effect on the results since they are using the same data set.

Thanks

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

I fully agree. Lengthening the reporting dates to include dates before the campaign was active should not decrease any of the numbers. Something is definitely wrong in there somewhere. I've certainly never seen anything like your results in any of my campaigns.

I'd fire off a message to the GoAn support folks or better yet post it over in the Google Analytics Support Forum. Actual Google Employees who work on GoAn frequent that area. I'm sure they'd like to know about the discrepancy and will probably need some details in order to work out why it's happening so they can fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.