• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

No Submitting Deep Links In Directories

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kjonas

kjonas

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

Most directories will not let you submit a link to an internal page within your site (only your home page).

Does anybody know why?

It seems that if a directory caters to a specific group. You would want to submit that link within your site that will benefit that particular group

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

For the most part, directories are designed as lists of sites that are relevant to some particular category. As such, they link to a listed site's home page as a way of linking to the whole site.

#3 michaelj72

michaelj72

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

some of the better/higher page ranked pay directories allow for deep links, sometimes offering up to 2 or 3 deep links. you'll have to check around. most free directories are almost exclusively for linking to the front page. Home site usually is the hub and says/starts it all so it seems like a logical place to link if only allowing one inbound link

#4 Andreas

Andreas

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(kjonas @ Jun 18 2009, 02:09 PM) View Post
Most directories will not let you submit a link to an internal page within your site (only your home page).

Does anybody know why?

It seems that if a directory caters to a specific group. You would want to submit that link within your site that will benefit that particular group

There are now a lot of deep link directories popping up that accept specific page URLs.
I see them as hybrids between directories and social bookmarking sites biggrin.gif
A google search should come up with some of these directories.

#5 canadalinked

canadalinked

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

I am wondering if submitting to these sites will cause more harm then good. Are then any that are trust worthy?

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Will they cause harm? Probably not. Definitely not if you have other good quality links pointing to you and you never link back to the directories.

Will they help? Maybe, maybe not. It depends upon the specifics.

Worst case scenario is that the links might not count for any value, so you would have wasted your time in submitting in the first place.

#7 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

you would have wasted your time

...and money. The directories I know of that allow links to internal pages (such as Directory Journal and Business.com) tend to charge higher submission fees.

#8 Naval

Naval

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(Andreas @ Jul 27 2009, 07:13 PM) View Post
There are now a lot of deep link directories popping up that accept specific page URLs.
I see them as hybrids between directories and social bookmarking sites biggrin.gif
A google search should come up with some of these directories.

Can any suggest me from where i get those free directory which give permission to submit these deep link because i am finding most of the directories which is not taking deep link.Please give me list of those free directories who accept these deep link because i have not found that list on search engine or my way of founding this is wrong.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

Can any suggest me from where i get those free directory which give permission to submit these deep link

Please private msg naval and not post those directories here.

#10 Naval

Naval

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Dec 28 2009, 07:14 PM) View Post
Please private msg naval and not post those directories here.

Ok fine Jill but i am eager to know the list of directories and this is my problem in my online marketing projects and thats why we are here to share our knowledge and problems what we are facing dear.

#11 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Naval @ Jan 9 2010, 10:17 AM) View Post
Ok fine Jill but i am eager to know the list of directories and this is my problem in my online marketing projects and thats why we are here to share our knowledge and problems what we are facing dear.

Naval,

Its all about search and discovery.

I should point out that if common sense is applied that should help you to decipher which directories are worth submitting to.

On the subject of directories, perform a search for obviously..."site submission directories" and as if by pure magic...thousands of them will appear before your eyes!

And anyway, If your pages of your site are relevant to your home page (which they should be) why do you feel the need to deep link(?) Personally I think its a waste of time and possibly cash!

unsure.gif

#12 CanadianEh

CanadianEh

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(kjonas @ Jun 18 2009, 02:09 PM) View Post

Does anybody know why?

I believe that the reason for the exclusion is based on the fact that the software used by most directories has (or had) problems identifying duplicate submissions unless the url is exactly the same. As a result many directories only allow homepage links to stop people from spamming them with a bunch of submissions from the same site.

#13 Karo

Karo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(canadalinked @ Dec 17 2009, 03:51 PM) View Post
I am wondering if submitting to these sites will cause more harm then good. Are then any that are trust worthy?

If you go about it the proper way, ofcourse it does good, the proper way is visiting each of these sites individually and manually submitting your site to them, that way you can use different titles and descriptions and only submit to sites that don't require a link back, one way link carry heavy weight than reciprocal links and doing that makes it appears natural to search engines and help your ranking but if you use an automated submitter you will be doing serious harm because then if you automate it to submit to 100 sites all the submissions will read same title and description which will be seen as spamming by search engines and could get your site banned

Manual submission takes time and it's very boring, but there are people who render this service for a rock bottom price, so if you'll like some one-way links but don't have that much time to waste on submission then you pay for it, whatever is worth doing is worth doing well

#14 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

...if you use an automated submitter you will be doing serious harm because then if you automate it to submit to 100 sites all the submissions will read same title and description which will be seen as spamming by search engines and could get your site banned

It's not going to get you banned. If your company name is Bob's Books and all your backlinks are anchored by "Bob's Books" that's not going to get you in any trouble. Even if the anchors are all just "books" it's not going to get you banned. But it's also not going to make you #1 for a search on [books].

The reason you shouldn't auto-submit your site to tons of garbage directories is because links from garbage directories are garbage. They're not going to help you, so it's just a waste of time and money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!