• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

So You Think You Know It All? - Highrankings Dvd Reviewlette

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

If you are like me and have been a professional SEO for almost 10 years, you probably think you know or have seen it all. Well I can tell you that after watching the High Rankings DVDs that while I did know a lot of what was on there, there was a lot I either didn't know about or ideas I did not consider.

I highly recommend buying this lecture series while the price cut is still available whether you "know it all" or just wish you did, you need this DVD set.

Thanks Jill!

-Nat

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Thanks, Nat. We're actually all sold out, however, and have no plans to have more recorded.

#3 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 17 2009, 03:23 PM) View Post
Thanks, Nat. We're actually all sold out, however, and have no plans to have more recorded.

Oh wow, thank the Gods I got mine then, seriously great insight and info especially on keyword research and SEO copywriting.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

Yes, indeed!

Our SEO training classes also provide great info, but you have to come in person, and they're typically just me doing the training not all the other great people from the videos.

#5 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 17 2009, 03:42 PM) View Post
Yes, indeed!

Our SEO training classes also provide great info, but you have to come in person, and they're typically just me doing the training not all the other great people from the videos.

I am actually currently working on getting some seminars/classes set up down here on Long Island, would be great to have you down. Just working ont he logistics. If you wanted to extend you reach to NY and sort of "franchise" High Rankings seo classes, I could work with you on that. Good idea actually, Become HighRankings Certified SEO. Training seminars are a good business model and feed your primary business at the same time. Just food for thought

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

Sounds interesting, but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to fill classes.

#7 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 17 2009, 03:48 PM) View Post
Sounds interesting, but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to fill classes.

It's undertandable. Part of the problem I have encountered is

A) business owners who would pay for employees to attend are too cheap and don't understand the value.
B ) Webmasters think they already know how to SEO properly or dont think they need to, mostly because they have no idea what their own analytics look like which is beyond frustrating.
C)SEO's already think they know it all.

I guess the question is how do you make it appealing and affordable, while still turning a reasonable profit. That's why the DVDs were such genius, you are bringing a lot of the benefit of these seminars for less money and without traveling costs typically associated with seminars.

I realize the cost of packaging is expensive. Perhaps there is a reasonable way to offer as a download that is copyprotected, or a members log in page where the videos are viewable, maybe instead of a one time fee you have a membership fee. I don't know just thinking out loud smile.gif

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

The problem with the DVDs were that the seminar that we recorded for them was a few years old at this point. While most of our info is timeless, there's a perception out there that SEO has to be cutting edge and all info should be no more than 6 months old.

We did try offering them via streaming for awhile, but our provider was a nightmare and we were also surprised that few people wanted to use that option.

#9 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 17 2009, 04:00 PM) View Post
The problem with the DVDs were that the seminar that we recorded for them was a few years old at this point. While most of our info is timeless, there's a perception out there that SEO has to be cutting edge and all info should be no more than 6 months old.

We did try offering them via streaming for awhile, but our provider was a nightmare and we were also surprised that few people wanted to use that option.

That's definitely true, but the main basic SEO concepts that rang true 9 years ago still do. Ys Jill, completely timeless!

#10 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(kynduvme @ Jun 17 2009, 02:51 PM) View Post
there was a lot I either didn't know about or ideas I did not consider.

For example?

#11 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(mal4mac @ Jun 18 2009, 07:55 AM) View Post
For example?

Best example I can think of is the whole angle of using press releases for seo backlinking social media exposure, and thats just one small thing on one lecture. There are little nuggets all over the place especially hearing what other tools other experts use for tasks like keyword research and hearing their philosphies on getting in the mind of the searcher.

It's kind of like graduate level studies on SEO, from now on though you have to see Jill personally to get that kind of instruction as the DVDs are nolonger available.

#12 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, it's amazing. Both the stuff we think we know but don't really grasp as well as possible. And the stuff we know but don't know we know because we've never actually had to sit down and put pen to paper (or face on video) and try to explain it in a way that will make sense to others.

The callaberation model is great for bringing out both of those. Which is also why it's still a good idea to try to make it out to Internet Marketing seminars every now and then to hear others approaches. It's still worth doing even without the really interesting convo's(?) in the hotel bar drunk.gif and some of the joint venture deals that get struck on the sidelines.

#13 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 17 2009, 04:00 PM) View Post

I for one would pay a few $ to see it streamed if I thought it would be of benfit to me - it's one of those at $2 or $3 it's almost well your never miss the money at $14 to watch different propostion.

Just my thoughts.

Or have a version with adverts at the bottom of the lesson and run it for free.

#14 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Why not take two minute snippets and start a thread with each of them as a utube video? Or put video snippets on your web site and send links to it in your newsletter? The Richard Dawkins website & 'The Edge' are very good at using video to get their messages across. Might be worth modelling.

#15 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

Why not take two minute snippets and start a thread with each of them as a utube video?

The two min. snippets are still on our seo dvd page if anyone is interested in seeing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!