• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Internal Recriprocal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 seodesire

seodesire

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

I know it's not called recripocral when it's internal structure but i have a question.

I have a website that, backwards and forwards, for each article I have links so it's

article 1 > article 2 > article 3

and vice versa

article 3 > article 2 > article 1

So the links go from one to the next to the next.

I also have links linking all related articles together on one page, I've made these nofollow..

For an ultimate structure what would I want to do here?

1. Remove the article1 > article 2 > article 3 and keep the related links (with Nofollow)

2. Remove the article1 > article 2 > article 3 and keep the related links (with follow)

3. Remove the related links and keep article 1 > article 2> article 3?

Or something different, I'm big time testing here but maybe someone has already done this?

Thanks.

Edited by seodesire, 16 June 2009 - 01:23 PM.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Can you explain what you're trying to accomplish through the use of nofollow?

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

I also have links linking all related articles together on one page, I've made these nofollow..

Why? You don't trust the quality of those related articles?

Me thinks you may have fallen into ye olde PageRank Sculpting that's been popularized so heavily in the recent past. Which is complete and utter bs. If that's the case you might want to read this thread on the subject.

When you get to the end you'll notice that the advise from all parties are to create good content and link to it in a way that makes it available to your visitors, letting the search engines do with it what they naturally would.

#4 seodesire

seodesire

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

I wasnt aiming for PR sculpting I have no belief in doing that at all.

It was just a tutorial I found that outlined I should link them together with no follow.

So now my question changes considering I don't need to worry about the nofollow.

Should I remove the nofollow and keep the artcile 1 > article 2 > article 3

or remove the article 1 > article 2 > article 3 and keep the related links with follow

or leave it as is taking the nofollow off?

Thanks for your responses they are appreciated.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

Whatever way seems to work best for people is probably good for search engines as well.

#6 Hans G.

Hans G.

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

Indeed, and I question the quality of a tutorial that presents such a misinformed directive. If you're going to use a tutorial in the development of your site, let it be for usability (to improve the experience of your visitors). Don't be embarrassed by asking questions and don't let yourself be intimidated by responses. A few years ago I might have asked the same question, and because of excellent advice from people like Jill, Randy and Qwerty, my sites have done very well, and ultimately, I ask increasingly better questions. goodjob.gif

Thank you Jill, Randy, Qwerty and the rest of the people on this outstanding forum.

#7 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

If you want your pages crawled and indexed, get rid of the nofollows. Otherwise you'll have to wait a long, long time for the search engines to find the pages through outside links.

#8 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

You're quite welcome Hans. And thank you for sharing your story.

We all do (and did) start out at basically the same place at one time or another. So it's nice to be able to learn not only from our own experiences, but also from the experiences of others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!