• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Easy Way To Submit To Sb Wesbsites ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AndyB

AndyB

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

Hello everyone

It has been a while since I have posted on here but great to see your all still here and keeping busy !

It seems that social booomarking has become one of the latest trends and to be honest its not something I have studied or have great knowledge of, however I dont want to get left behind so Im planning on adding new content and articles we produce on a monthly basis to these social bookmarking websites.

So far looking through the other posts some of you rate some sites more than others, but i still have a list of at least 20 diffrent sites to submit too, on a monlthy basis this could be a mammoth task as im assuming i will need to signup and login to each website everytime ?

Can anybody tell me is there a way to submit an article to multipule websites or is this bad ? or is manual submission to each website the only option ?

Hope im not asking stupid questions here and hope somebody can help me !

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

I don't know about automated methods for submitting, but I think you'll find that no matter how you submit you're not going to get much out of social bookmarking sites.

What exactly is your goal for submitting to them?

#3 AndyB

AndyB

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Not so much to gain back links but to gain more traffic to our website, we seem to have a very good conversation rate for our website so getting people there is the main goal. Apart from this we keep seeing all the little bookamring icons all over our major competitors websites it it certinally dosent seem to be doing them any harm, but as the task is my responsibility I would like to make it as easy and pain free as possible.

Hey and thanks for getting back to me so quick jill, dont think i ever had a response from you, im honorered !!!! I was looking at the services you offer and am very tempted for the $600 top 10 problems with our website, Just not sure I can bear the truth right now, as your top 10 problems will become another 10 things to do on my list , but i guess it needs doing !

Thanks again

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hey and thanks for getting back to me so quick jill, dont think i ever had a response from you, im honorered !!!! I was looking at the services you offer and am very tempted for the $600 top 10 problems with our website, Just not sure I can bear the truth right now, as your top 10 problems will become another 10 things to do on my list , but i guess it needs doing !

Off topic, but I would guess you'd get a lot more value out of my website review than out of submitting to social bookmarking sites. The links on them are nofollowed and the only traffic you get is typically very fleeting with a very high bounce rate and extremely low conversions.

#5 AndyB

AndyB

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

Sorry for going off topic !

So i get the impression that the social bookamrking may be a complete waste of time !
sure long term we would prefer to be up there in google but the competition is so fierce and my knowledge is limited so to a point my hands are tied !
I will drop you a email via your contact form about your serive and hopefully get things moving.

#6 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

Standard disclaimers apply...Harumph! Take a look at:

www.ping.fm
www.tubemogul.com

Perhaps helpful?

crossfingers.gif

#7 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(AndyB @ Jun 9 2009, 09:40 AM) View Post
So i get the impression that the social bookamrking may be a complete waste of time !

I'm not sure I'd characterize it as a complete waste of time -- just that the way a lot of marketers implement it is wasteful. smile.gif

Target your submissions to sites where they're relevant and potentially interesting to the community. Don't submit everything willy-nilly. Focus. And don't just submit your own stuff. Strive to become a valuable member of the community by being generous about submitting other people's content. After all, to get real value out of any social site, you have to be social. And who wants to be friends with somebody who's always doing nothing but chattering away about himself? smile.gif

The idea is not to get direct traffic from the bookmarking site, but to use the bookmarking site to bring your pages to the attention of others, who may then link to your site or write about your products/services on their sites. That's where you'll get the linking value and (with any luck) the "warm" direct traffic that has a better chance of converting.

That said, social bookmarking (if done correctly) is a lot of work. To get the biggest bang for the buck, you need to make sure your own site is as good as it can be before you start trying to drive traffic to it. Unless you're sure your site itself is already fully up to snuff, you probably would do well to have an independent review to see where the problem areas are, and try to fix them first.

My penny.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#8 gsimerlink

gsimerlink

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Thanks Bobmeetin, those look potentially helpful. I'm going to test them out.

...And I'll second Tokra's reply. thumbup1.gif

#9 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

Submitting to multiple sites is getting easier. Submitting without spamming is the challenge. If as Torka or Randy have emphasized in the past, you contribute by posting a high percentage of answers and helpful info rather than continuously referencing the offer page on your site, you'll make more friends.

I'd rather have the guy on my softball team who gets on base by hitting singles 3/4 of the time vs the guy who hits bases empty home runs. It's about participation, not all about me. Easy to say, sometimes very hard to manage the mindset.

#10 DaveDauber

DaveDauber

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(AndyB @ Jun 9 2009, 07:38 AM) View Post
Hello everyone

It has been a while since I have posted on here but great to see your all still here and keeping busy !

It seems that social booomarking has become one of the latest trends and to be honest its not something I have studied or have great knowledge of, however I dont want to get left behind so Im planning on adding new content and articles we produce on a monthly basis to these social bookmarking websites.

So far looking through the other posts some of you rate some sites more than others, but i still have a list of at least 20 diffrent sites to submit too, on a monlthy basis this could be a mammoth task as im assuming i will need to signup and login to each website everytime ?

Can anybody tell me is there a way to submit an article to multipule websites or is this bad ? or is manual submission to each website the only option ?

Hope im not asking stupid questions here and hope somebody can help me !

If you go for multiple submission that consider a spam why dont you manually submit at least you know its real backlinks to your website certainly get index on search engines oldfogey.gif

#11 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

i'm not a tool fan, but if you really want to, this tool is one of the better ones.. not too spammy...

www.onlywire.com

#12 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:22 AM

Can social bookmarking ever be more fruitful than targeting long tail keywords for organic search?

#13 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

Can social bookmarking ever be more fruitful than targeting long tail keywords for organic search?

I'm unclear how they are mutually exclusive.

Wouldn't social bookmarking actually be targeting long tail keywords for organic search? (In terms of the backlink potential.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!