• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Whether My Websites Got Penalised ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

Hello ,

I am facing such situation for the first time so really confused . I had seen drop in my rankings of 30 positions. So I feel that Google had penalized me. But Before that I want to tell two cases which I had seen with my websites in past 2 months and are completely TRUE:-

Case 1 :- My website was ranking for a keyword in top 15.Got links mainly from Articles published on various blogs, Blog Commenting.NO PAID links. rankings dropped and after 2 months now its bounced back in top 20 again .

Case 2:- My second website bought 3 links and rankings dropped in Google , still at good positions in MSN and Yahoo
So what I should Do wait to see whether it bounce Back Or not . Or file a re-inclusion application in Google

Case 3 :- Its about my competitor Buying links like Crazy each day. At No 1 in Google from many months

Please tell me what should I do now

Best Regards

Gagan

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

I would do exactly nothing for the time being.

Rumor has it Google started an index rebuild --meaning from the ground up-- a couple of weeks ago. When they start those I try to not do anything for at least 5 or 6 weeks to see if everything comes back on its own.

FWIW, this can really affect sites that have gotten a series of links placed in the weeks or months leading up to the index rebuild. They have to send their little spiders out to find all of those links again, then decide what to do with them.

#3 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, I have to wait but the site is going down and down and down girl_cray2.gif

QUOTE(Randy @ Jun 7 2009, 04:29 AM) View Post
I would do exactly nothing for the time being.

Rumor has it Google started an index rebuild --meaning from the ground up-- a couple of weeks ago. When they start those I try to not do anything for at least 5 or 6 weeks to see if everything comes back on its own.

FWIW, this can really affect sites that have gotten a series of links placed in the weeks or months leading up to the index rebuild. They have to send their little spiders out to find all of those links again, then decide what to do with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.