• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

301 Redirect In Seo Perspective

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jawadk

jawadk

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

Hello all,

I have a question, I have a page ( say: domain.com/abc.aspx ) that has a PR-1 and some good number of inbound links. I get few hundreds of traffic directly on this page from google and yahoo (more from yahoo) , now I want to transfer this content to a subdomain say abc.domain.com , how do i do that. Actually I want to install wordpress on that subdomain and add all the content on wordpress?

If I use 301 redirect to redirect this page to the subdomain, will google give my PR to that subdomain?

Will yahoo be able to recognize the change, and than will it give me the same traffic?

I am so confused, as this thing 301 redirect is not very clear to me.

Please any help and comments are welcome, Thanks.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Welcome Jawadk ! hi.gif

If I use 301 redirect to redirect this page to the subdomain, will google give my PR to that subdomain?

Essentially, yes. Essentially because the PR is passed through to the page on the subdomain, not to the subdomain itself. But I think that's what you were asking. PR is a per page type of thing. 301 is a per page type of thing. So a 301 redirect from one page to another, regardless of whether it's in the main domain or a subdomain ends up housing the destination page.

Will yahoo be able to recognize the change, and than will it give me the same traffic?

Yes. All of the search engines recognize such 301 redirects. Though it's not an immediate thing with any of them, it is an immediate thing for surfers. So as a general rule the old page will continue to rank and traffic will simply be redirected in the beginning. And once the engines factor in the 301 the new page will get listed, so traffic will go directly to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.