• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Mystery Referrals To Non-existent Page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

I'm at a loss on this one. Google Analytics shows that over half of our traffic in May was to /s.htm. This page doesn't exist (and has never existed) on our site, and as far as I'm able to tell, none of the pages that Analytics says referred people to our site even have a link to us at all, much less to s.htm. It's totally screwing up my stats because I can't get an accurate count of visitors to the site who found legitimate pages. I don't know what the heck to do with it. For the moment, I'm going to remove the Analytics code from my 404 page so that only legit page visits get logged, but I'd really love to know where over six-thousand visitors are finding this link...

#2 portentint

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

It's a long shot, but did anyone set up pageTracker (a Google Analytics script) to rename a page? If so, it could be that s.htm is just an alias created by that script, and everything is actually OK.

You can find out by checking the code (of each page on your site, I'm afraid) for 's.htm'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.
No new posts or registrations allowed.