• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Getting Enough Traffic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Prasanthi

Prasanthi

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:28 AM

I have a website with PageRank of 4 but don't get enough traffic and even my rankings are not too good. But my competitors are having PageRank fo 2 of 3 but still get lot more traffic and better ranknigs.

Please advice..

Thanks,
Prasanthi

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

As you can see, toolbar PageRank score is not an indicator of rankings.

#3 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(Prasanthi @ Jun 5 2009, 08:28 AM) View Post
but still get lot more traffic

Prasanthi

How can you tell that they got more traffic, and that if they do get more traffic it may be coming from other sources radio campaigns, trade magazines, word of mouth etc.

#4 besteast

besteast

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

I have the same question.
PR of the website in the front position is lower than the below. What's the matter? What's the relationship between the position and PR? Or they are just two unallied things?
Pls give me some advice. Thanks!

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

What would have ever made you think PageRank, especially the toolbar kind, is a sole or even major factor in determining rank? Or traffic?

No seo worth their salt has ever said as much. Google certainly have never said it's the only or main thing they look at. To the contrary, they've always said they use at least 100 factors. In the last few years they've upped that number to 200 things that factor into rank.

Seriously now the fact that PageRank is not the end all be all of rankings should come as no surprise to anybody who advertises themselves as an SEO. Quite the opposite in fact.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:29 AM

PR of the website in the front position is lower than the below. What's the matter?

Nothing is the matter. That's the case many, many times.

What's the relationship between the position and PR? Or they are just two unallied things?

PR is 1 out of hundreds of factors in determining the relevancy of a page to the search query at hand. So while there will be some correlation, since PR is taken into account, all the other factors are also taken into account.

Else, google.com would rank for every search query, since it has the highest PR of all, right? giggle.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!