• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

- - - - -

The Big Bing Theory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 webdesignbangkok

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:27 AM

Almost immediately after rolling out Bing, Matt Cutts tweeted: "Matt Cutts: Congrats to @bing on the launch! Sad to see this not-so-relevant result at #4 for [matt cutts] though" and "Matt Cutts: Ouch. The #5 Bing result for [matt cutts] is spammy too". For the full story, see www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/06/01/googles-matt-cutts-has-some-words-with-bing#comments
Other comments were that the search results are no different from Live, but it's the integrity of search that baffles me.

Even if you discount Mr Cutts' catty comments, he is right in as much as the results are indeed a bit "spammy". Looking at my own keywords today (Web Design Bangkok), I see what he means. #1/2 are fine and the same as Google's. But #3 is Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, a government organisation who presumably are placed there because it has "This web design for resolution screen 1024 x 768 pixel web design" at the foot of its home page - even though everything else is in Thai. Worse still, at #10, is Luxor Bangkok the Egyptian Design Hotel, which has "Discovery the Egypt Grand Architecture only one of Thailand" as its main text.

Back to the drawing board?

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

I have seen great results in BING. They look far less spammy than Google's results for the queries I follow. I'm amazed at how much spam Google indexes that Microsoft seems to ignore consistently.

Google could learn a thing or two about spam-watching from Microsoft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.
No new posts or registrations allowed.