• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Preview Pages And 'read Full Article"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 domjw

domjw

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi all

First time post so be kind...

I'm working on site which has a high volume of lengthy articles. The proposed user experience is to have preview pages for the bigger articles. This will provide a snippet of the article, with options for the user to download as PDF or read full article (by clicking on a link).

So my question is: should the preview page and the full article page share the same URL and effectively be the same page? Or should clicking on the full article link open a new page? From an SEO view, is one approach preferable - so that only one of the pages is crawled and indexed and we avoid duplicate content?

Hope this comes across clearly.

Thanks

Dom

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

So my question is: should the preview page and the full article page share the same URL and effectively be the same page? Or should clicking on the full article link open a new page?

Having it all on one page would be good as it would have more internal link pop. then if one has to go deeper into the site to get the whole article.

Just make sure you're using a search engine friendly script to make it work. Something in CSS should do the trick I think.

#3 domjw

domjw

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 4 2009, 08:51 PM) View Post
Having it all on one page would be good as it would have more internal link pop. then if one has to go deeper into the site to get the whole article.

Just make sure you're using a search engine friendly script to make it work. Something in CSS should do the trick I think.

Thanks Jill, appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.