• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Website Not Getting Updated In Google Us

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:27 AM

I am working on website with .ca extension . I had made few changes in tile and meta description 1 month ago and google canada updated them their index and we started getting rankings for keywords .but google Us still not making the updates for our website in their even even after crawling 3-4 times

What should I do as few of our clients use Google US

Thanks

Gagan

#2 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:11 AM

I would say that's not abnormal - I would carry on waiting.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

If you're counting on Meta description changes to help your rankings, you're going to have a very long wait.

#4 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 3 2009, 09:09 AM) View Post
If you're counting on Meta description changes to help your rankings, you're going to have a very long wait.

I am doing link building for it . and google is crawling once in 4-5 days but still our title tag is not being updated in google US but its updated in Google canada

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

Google has been slow to update a lot of sites over the past few weeks. This is usually a temporary situation that accompanies their semi-annual recrawl/rebuild processes. They announced one on May 12 at their Searchology event.

I'm starting to see signs that they may be returning to normal behavior but I won't be sure of that for a week or so.

I think you just need to be patient with Google.

In the meantime, you should pay some attention to BING. Regardless of what you may personally think of the search engine, Microsoft search receives an estimated 100 million visitors per month (according to Quantcast and Compete) and Microsoft's new marketing campaign will direct more attention to BING. Now is the time to see if you can capture some of that traffic.

Ignore all the market share reports as they are based on estimates of "number of queries performed", which is an obsolete metric in today's Web/search industry. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by assuming Google is the only search engine that matters (in the United States). That is far, far from true.

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

I don't see the rebuild as being complete yet, based entirely upon empirical evidence of some recent work done on a few of my sites Michael. This of course assumes those sites will come all the way back once the rebuild is 100% complete.

(I'd done some fairly major link building on a couple of newish sites, and this link building pushed them from bottom of page one or page two listings into a Top 3 position for several dozen keyword phrases each. Since mid-May they took a slight tumble back down the rankings to where they'd been pre-link building efforts. They're all starting to come back a bit this week, but are not yet all the way back. Presumably because not all of those new links have yet been rediscovered or not yet credited to the sites in question again. Yes it's all very speculative, but judging by my other older, more established sites that didn't see any movement at all during the rebuild I expect these new ones to eventually come back to the Top 3 level they'd achieved over the past few months. When the rebuild is complete.)

re: Bing. I've seen some of the TV commercials myself. Interesting how they're positioning themselves as a "Discovery" engine instead of a search engine. I'm not sure reality meets the expectation of the ads yet. In fact, as others have mentioned the Bing results in my various markets are pretty much right in line with what Live/MSN has shown for some time now.

Like you said though, it's not a bad idea to spend a little time making sure you rank well on the new Bing. They do get some traffic and the ads may have an effect. After all, none of the search engines are perfect. Based upon past experience with what MS has done in search before I highly suspect they're still placing more emphasis on on-page elements, or at least aren't as reliant on links and anchor text as G seems to always be.

#7 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

This rebuilding is effecting me a lot now google canada also switched back to old title and meta description mf_type.gif

#8 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

It's not at all unusual though.

When they do an index rebuild they have to pick a starting place. Usually that's a date that's months old.

#9 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

Thanks Randy for replying . So I will keep on building my links and wait so that my title and meta description gets updated again

#10 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

For what it's worth, we tracked significant changes across many client queries this week. The rebuild process seems to be winding down or has wound down for us. There may be some more churn through the next days, possibly into next week but otherwise I think Google is back to normal in terms of crawling and indexing pages.

If you're still not seeing a new site appear in the results, continue with your link building and if nothing changes in a couple of weeks ask for a site review here in the forums. You might have a technical issue that escaped your notice.

#11 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

I got my old position in Google Canada Back now we are in top 15 for our keyword But Google Us is still a problem can't found us anywhere even in top 100. Can I post my url here , Can you take a look and see if anything is missing ?

Regards

Gagan

#12 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Is your sited hosted in Canada?

#13 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(tomsk @ Jun 19 2009, 01:59 PM) View Post
Is your sited hosted in Canada?

No , Its hosted in US but I don;t think it would make a lot of difference , Top 15 rankings in Google Canada and No where in 100 in Google US for same keyword

#14 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

Are you in Canada Gagan?

If so, have you had someone or several someone's who are US-based check the same phrases for you? Or set up your computer to connect through a US-based proxy IP?

The reason I ask is that Google doesn't only try to determine the geolocation of the site itself, but will also often try to deliver personalized results based upon the users location as well. Which can really throw things for a loop sometimes.

#15 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Yes, I tried this But still no result . Is there something I can do to tell Google to update me in Google US ?

We are no where in Top 100 for a phrase in Google US for Which we are in top 15 in Google Canada

Also A SEO before me worked for this website is it possible that he Used Google Geo targeting Tool to Target only Google Canada ?

if that could be case can I undo this by submitting a sitemap again in Google ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!