• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Mobile Website (wap) Seo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 prabhu

prabhu

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hi All,

I want seo for a mobile website.
Meta tags and tracking
would it be possible with regular seo that we generally use for non wap website.
Please suggest ?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

There are no major differences in how you SEO a normal site and a WAP enabled site. SEO is the same.

You do however have to code it specifically for WAP devices most times so WAP users can use the site. That's usability though, not SEO.

#3 prabhu

prabhu

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Jun 2 2009, 06:22 PM)  
There are no major differences in how you SEO a normal site and a WAP enabled site. SEO is the same.

You do however have to code it specifically for WAP devices most times so WAP users can use the site. That's usability though, not SEO.

But what about the tracking analysis ? as there is no feature in google analytic for a wap site. How can we track it ?

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Tracking WAP traffic via 3rd party analytics solutions has several hurdles to overcome which simply aren't there in the normal web world. Beginning with the fact that a significantly higher percentage of WAP browsers are javascript enabled, continuing with the fact that considerably fewer WAP browsers accept (or keep) cookies, and including that the IP number used by WAP users are typically not unique to that user because the mobile surfing networks typically route all traffic through one of several gateways or proxies.

I've not seen any reliable methods to accurately track WAP traffic using GoAn or any other 3rd party applications. Even log analysis systems have significant hurdles to overcome. Mainly because there's not yet a lot of standardization in the WAP browser sector.

#5 prabhu

prabhu

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:07 AM

Thanks Randy,

One more thing i would like to ask.

What you think about importance of back links for wap website ?
As its not too easy to build links for a wap site.
So i thing just on page seo is important not off page for a wap enabled website ?

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:18 AM

The backlink profile is every bit as important as it is with any other type of site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!