• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Blogspot Blog For Ecommerce Website

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 prabhjot

prabhjot

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hi Guys,

Please suggest..is it adviceable to setup blogspot blog for creating additional avenues for online shopping website. As i have created for my client's website..will it give me any benefit to shopping site...or does google like such linking ...pls suggest

Thanks
Prabhjot

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

It's only advisable to set up a blog if there is some interesting, unique info that the company would like to discuss within it that can help or intrigue people.

Otherwise, no, it's not advisable.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

If you do set up a blog (and I agree with Jill that there's no reason to do so unless you've actually got something to say) my preference would be to set it up on the company's domain rather than using Blogger.

#4 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

(and I agree with Jill that there's no reason to do so unless you've actually got something to say)
I'm not so sure that's a good enough reasons to start a blog, plenty of people have far too much to say and should really keep it to themselves.... oh hmm, ok i'll shut up now whistling.gif

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

Qwerty's advice is spot on. This little bit from Section 10 of the terms of service is enough to keep me from using Blogger (or any other hosted blog service, for that matter, as they basically all contain similar terms):
Google may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate the Service, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system for some time for back-up purposes.

I'll set up blog software on my own domains all day long, but I would be disinclined to use a hosted blog service for anything important.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#6 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(1dmf @ May 28 2009, 11:18 AM) View Post
... plenty of people have far too much to say and should really keep it to themselves.... oh hmm, ok i'll shut up now whistling.gif

No don't shut up, start a blog on the subject...

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

Google may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate the Service, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account.

And they do.

My sister's many year old business blog that she wrote in regularly was taken away from her for no reason at all. Took her months to get it back and there was never an explanation as to what happened.

#8 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

And that's a great reason not to use Blogger, but it's not the one I was thinking of.

I just think that if your business has a site and you choose to create a blog to further promote that business and its site, then the blog should be part of the site. If a blog on your company's domain attracts attention and links, that's attention and links for your main site. If a blog on a separate domain attracts attention and links, you can link from there to your main site, but it's nowhere near as powerful.

#9 Prasanthi

Prasanthi

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:44 AM

If you are really interested in running blog, you can start not a problem.

But really ur blog should have very good good stuff. Then people notice ur blog.

I agree jill words about blogger. They will suspend our blog without proper notification.

So better you can create blog in your own domain.

Good luck
Prasanthi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!