• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Pages Disappearing From Google Index

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hi ,

I had submitted few articles of my website to Digg and other bookmarking websites . Those digg pages were ranking in top 10 for few of my keywords for 2-3 days .

But now all of those pages had disappeared from Google Index ,When I search for the pages url it did not show any documents .

please tell me whether google keeps on deleting such pages ?

Thanks

Gagan

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

I think that so much stuff comes through digg that there's a fast churn rate which quickly buries the old stuff.

#3 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ May 27 2009, 11:21 AM) View Post
I think that so much stuff comes through digg that there's a fast churn rate which quickly buries the old stuff.

Thanks jill for replying but is it normal that google delete pages from index , like in my case the digg pages are no where in google even if i search for their complete url it shows no results ?

Thanks

Gagan

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

Yes, I would imagine it would be normal for stuff at Digg. They get so much junk submitted and it's probably a lot of duplicate content, plus there are not going to be many links to the individual articles.

I haven't studied this though.

I don't think most people submit stuff to digg in the hopes of it ranking well in Google. That's not typically the point of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.