• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Similar Sites With Different Results?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abby

Abby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

I am a partner in 5 forex sites and I have had them for about a year. We provide unique content about foreign currency exchange but for some reason 2 of the 5 sites have gotten lots of traffic while the other 3 haven't. The same methods are being used on all five sites. I cannot for the life of me figure out why these other 3 are so far behind. The traffic for the 2 sites that are doing well is 12x higher than the 3 that are lagging behind. If anyone has any advice/help, it would be greatly appreciated!
The 2 sites that are doing well are: <sites removed>
The three sites that are not doing well are: <sites removed>
Thank you for your help!

Edited by BBCoach, 26 May 2009 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

What's the purpose of so many different site on the same subject?

Do each of them provide their own unique content and take on things? If not, that's likely to be your problem.

#3 Abby

Abby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

Yes, all of the sites have different topics and unique content (nothing is copied). The purpose of the multiple sites is to have a network to link back to each other. All of the sites are also on different IP blocks.

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

The purpose of the multiple sites is to have a network to link back to each other.

That's a problem in and of itself. Google is going to ding you if they find out. So it's a good thing someone removed those urls above.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(Abby @ May 27 2009, 12:04 AM) View Post
Yes, all of the sites have different topics and unique content (nothing is copied). The purpose of the multiple sites is to have a network to link back to each other. All of the sites are also on different IP blocks.

That's considered search engine spam and as you can see, doesn't work so great these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.