• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Is This Forum Heavily Heavily Moderated?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

hi all, i was just wondering about moderation and admin.

Several of my posts have dissapeared, and i've been prevented from replying to one of my own threads which was just asking some business advice.
One of the missing posts was questioning Jills opinion, nothing else, it was gone a day later. Can someone exlpain why? There was no breach of [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url].

I've ran a large forum for six years, i know the ropes, i know what causes probs and what doesnt, so i'm a bit perplexed at this.

i thought i'd found a decent SEO forum for once... was i wrong?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Yes, this forum is heavily moderated.

That said, the post you can't reply to was moved to the contracting/subcontracting forum because it appeared to be asking for that sort of thing. In that forum, no one can reply (except mods) as we prefer people reply privately so as to not have link drops for all kinds of products/services.

Regarding any missing post, that I don't know. I do see one post of yours that was deleted, but it appears you deleted it yourself? There's no moderator entry. It wasn't anything bad or nasty to me or anyone else. We definitely don't delete differences of opinions.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

adibranch you may also want to look at all of your posts when you made one and can't find it. We do tend to have to do a lot of moving stuff around to keep things clean and tidy.

If you click on your own icon above you should be able to view both posts you've made and topics you've started. They'll show up in reverse chronological order. My bet is you'll find the missing post there, since like Jill I didn't see anything out of the ordinary save one post that it appears you deleted yourself.

#4 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

okay thats great.. thanks for the replies.. hope i didnt sound like i was having a go, it just seemed odd. i know how difficult it is to admin a forum smile.gif

The posts have definitely gone though since they were posted... i've noticed it with about four posts in the short time i've been here. I couldnt see any reason for them going hence why i assumed mods had deleted them.

maybe they didnt get posted somehow when i wrote them.. or maybe i accidentally deleted them myself... in which case of course now i take it all back.. smile.gif

#5 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:13 AM

adibranch, they only delete posts if you done something you shouldn't, Only once happened to me so far embarrassed.gif
Jill most certainly doesn't delete posts just because you disagree with her, she may call you a numpty or agree to disagree, but I have to say this is one of the friendliest, most helpful, honest forums I've been on, and I think in part this is due to the vigilate moderation.

And hey, if by accident you did break a rules and they delete your post, they won't hold it against you, especially if it was a genuine mistake or a simple oversight, we know you aren't here to spam or cause trouble wink1.gif

Are you whistling.gif

#6 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

lol nope no worries there.. well.. not the spamming bit anyway smile.gif

#7 ArtphotoasiA

ArtphotoasiA

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

I'm also really perplexed... I'm patient but be a member of this forum is really hard.

Maybe I made some questionable mistakes in the beginning because not used to see so heavily moderated forum, Jill kindly clarify, I was happy and so I'm going on...

Regretfully is harder and harder... and each day I'm more perplexed... yesterday night I posted again asking advise and nothing... my post is not even there....

I honestly and seriously doubt is possible go on in this way. Up to mods of course but in this way, with this heavy moderation, mods are going to reply and talk just to each other.

Just my 2 cents, hope to see this post published tand also an answer.

#8 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

If you saw the sheer volume of complete crap we have to remove you'd be more thankful someone is watching. giggle.gif Popular forum, so it tends to attract a lot of undesirable stuff. If we took all of the user protections offline for even a day you'd probably be amazed. And angry.

As to your question about your last posts, they're visible now and have been answered. Though even with those you could have asked them in a single post rather than making two posts since they were so closely related.

Simply keep your toes on the right side of the line in the sand and you'll be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!