• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Rankings Have Fallen. Is It The Result Of Frames?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

I'm not an IT person and most sites I've created have been in Dreamweaver. Recently a client had their webmaster completely redesign their site and where they once ranked on Google for some very competitive phrases they are no longer in the top 50. On Mozilla when I click on source the only code that appears is the links on the site, none of the text that appears. When I click on the latest cache from Google the screen is blank for the full version. WHen I click on the html version, all that appears is once again the links and the following line. "Your browser does not handle frames. However, here is a list of links that you may find helpful." I know frames in the past were a problem, but this seems extreme. Could there be another cause?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

Given what the SE Cache is telling you, I'd say you're on the right track.

The only question I have is why someone would resort to frames these days when it's just as easy to use Includes to pull the navigation and other common elements into each and every page.

#3 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

SSI (Server Side Includes) , one of the oldest and simplist server side processing available, yet still one of the best ways to include dynamic data or even static constant data in a web environment.

Runs really fast as well!

#4 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ May 22 2009, 06:39 AM) View Post
The only question I have is why someone would resort to frames these days when it's just as easy to use Includes to pull the navigation and other common elements into each and every page.

I'm not sure why they changed either. The only thing different with the new design is that it has a drop down menu, but they certainly didn't have to go to frames to do that. I hadn't dealt with them for a while, but just happened to do a ranking report to see how they were doing of late. Thats when I saw the great drop off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.