• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Help Target Keyword Stand In The First Page?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DannyJ

DannyJ

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Dear friends, I've just been doing SEO for around 8 months. When optimizing, we shouldn't choose single generic keywords, right? It's better to choose key phrases. I always bear this point in mind. I have a site about futures trading. I tried a lot and could help it stay in the first page in Google with the phrase futures trading recommendations. However, this doesn't really help. I have to directly focus on my trade for my business. This is such a very hard work to me. I couldn't though tried for long. I have a son, I want to let him have a bright life. I need to catch the goal. Please help me! I know you guys are experts. Your advices are much precious to me. Thanks a lot!!!

#2 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(DannyJ @ May 19 2009, 11:47 PM) View Post
Dear friends, I've just been doing SEO for around 8 months. When optimizing, we shouldn't choose single generic keywords, right? It's better to choose key phrases.

It's better to do both.

QUOTE(DannyJ @ May 19 2009, 11:47 PM) View Post
I always bear this point in mind. I have a site about futures trading. I tried a lot and could help it stay in the first page in Google with the phrase futures trading recommendations...

You aren't going to get far with just one phrase, unless you are very lucky. Keep on writing useful (?) pages for other phrases containing "futures trading" and link them together. You might (i) find a more successful phrase (ii) you might find you start to do well with just "futures trading" for all the link juice you are generating.

BUT. Check that this is still a viable industry! Are people still looking for information on futures trading after the credit crunch? I'm looking for "beds with built in safes"...

#3 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

I'm looking for "beds with built in safes"...
hysterical.gif

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

Read through the  keyword research[/hr] information and articles that have been posted at High Rankings over the years. That should help you understand what it's all about and where to go from there.

#5 DannyJ

DannyJ

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Thanks a lot for you guys' valuable advices! I'll try.

#6 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

Get over to the Google AdSense Keyword Tool as soon as. You'll see that your target keyword is as much worth aiming for as a hill of beans. No I take that back. You can eat beans. I like beans! Aim for the beans.

More seriously, you need to do some serious research on whether keywords are popular with other people, not with you.

You might aim for "futures trading", but even that isn't so popular. It's one of the "order of 100 000 searches per month" keywords. I wouldn't shoot for anything less than an "order of 1000 000" as the main keyword. "Futures" is a worthy main aim...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!