• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Jquery Pulling Xml Document

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goldjake

goldjake

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

I was playing around with jquery and using xml to drive the site when i usually use databases. Just playing around because i think xml is easier to maintain in the long run for me. Well it's coming out pretty well but when i do view source it doesn't show the text or anything. Anyone know why? I can send the code if you can help- thank you

http://www.empirepat...test/index.html

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

It's because the text is being written dynamically by the JS. Which of course is on the browser side of the equation. Meaning it's not actually in the page.

You can do pretty much the same thing with any of the server side scripting languages and it would show up in the source code. With the side benefit that the search engines would be able to read it as well.

#3 fcu1

fcu1

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

As a side note, I would highly recommend that you install the Firefox Firebug add-on if you haven't done so already. It will allow you to view an updated DOM tree that includes elements that have been dynamically manipulated with Javascript. It will make your life easier in many ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!