• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Question About Squidoo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lang

Lang

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently found this forum and it appears to be an absolute treasure chest of advice and information. I'm excited to dig in and start learning. As a relative newcomer to SEO, linkbuilding, etc. - I'm still confused on a few issues.

Question #1: My website is mostly targeted for the following keyword "printing wilmington nc." Our site appears on the 1st page for Google (fluctuating from position 3-7). If I were to create a page on an alternate domain (something like Squidoo or anything else) that also targets for "printing wilmington nc" AND used that page to basically profile my business (meaning that it links to only my site and not my competitors) - is that considered unethical? Basically that would mean I would own 2 results in the top 10 rather than just 1.

Question #2: It seems that SE's prefer sites that feature the keywords in the actual url. So, in addition to optimizing mysite.com for keywords like "printing wilmington nc" or "wilmington nc printing" - would it be beneficial to also create pages like mysite.com/printing-wilmington-nc.html as a landing page?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

If I were to create a page on an alternate domain (something like Squidoo or anything else) that also targets for "printing wilmington nc" AND used that page to basically profile my business (meaning that it links to only my site and not my competitors)

No, but don't expect it to rank highly. This forum thread may actually beat you out, in fact, now that you posted your keywords.

It seems that SE's prefer sites that feature the keywords in the actual url.

No, actually they don't. But it does often seem that way.

would it be beneficial to also create pages like mysite.com/printing-wilmington-nc.html as a landing page?

No, but if you were changing to a new CMS or something anyway, you could. There's tons of other threads on this subject here.

You may want to start with our Tips for Newbies, however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.