• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Spellings Of The Same Word

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hex

Hex

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Hello - I am currently working on a site that ranks well for one spelling of its name, the site is an advise site and it ranks well when the spelling adviser is used which is the term used across the site. The problem is that this word has an alternative spelling of advisor which is seemingly more popular within serps, however, my research has shown that the word is not as popular in every-day usage.

Adwords is not really an option as the efforts going into this site are to cause it to rank highly within the natural results, its almost a hobby too so that would be cheating.

I cant really use the spelling "advisor" on the site as it would be inconsistent and look quite unproffessional so as far as I can see the work to optimize for that would need to be done totally off site. I have managed to succeed in ranking for some challenging terms over the last few years but never one that was not used on the site. Would would people advise as the best approach here? I am a little stumped.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.