• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Question On Links From A Directory -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:14 AM

Hi, I know that there is a section specifically on directories, but I think that this belongs in this link building section....

I have secured a couple of links from really good specifically related web directories that my visitors would likely read. The only concern I have is that the actual URL link is not really there....

The links are like this:

My company LLP
Then the Address
We sell lots of things
mydomain . com

The only linked copy is the company name but the URL that the company name is linked by is the .com of the web directory and a dynamically based tail - NOT my own domain....

However, the good news is that the domain is in copy (that hasnt been linked though sad.gif )

So i might get visitors, (which is great) but the SE wont connect me (which is bad)

Am I right?

#2 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:51 AM

If you are [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showforum=21]Submitting to Directories[/url] to gain link juice PR, then you are likely wasting your time. If you are choosing specific related directories, that have good visitors themselves, to gain exposure to your site and build alternative visitor streams, that is the correct thing to do.

So how they produce the link on the directory should be irrelivant, unless they expect recipricol linking, then you can argue you will only link to them if they link to you in your desired method.

But it realy isn't worth worrying about, find decent, related, non-recipricol required directories submit your site and forget about it and hopefully enjoy the additional visitor streams.

Edited by NASA, 11 May 2009 - 08:02 AM.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:04 AM

When you click on the link do you end up at your site, probably after a redirect? And if so, when you load this jump link into a HTTP Header Checker do you get a 301 status code?

If you end up at the correct final destination and it produces a 301 status code the search engines will still count it as a link towards your site. If it is anything else they won't.

#4 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

OK Thanks for all comments

#5 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:03 AM

Very true Randy, they may be correctly giving you the PR juice from the link via a final 301 redirect, but using some code to do their own tracking first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!