• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Increase Back Links?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 writeninthestar

writeninthestar

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I would like to know the basic knowledge about increasing back links. Could you tell me some tips?

thanks for sharing thoughts!

#2 cbp

cbp

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

Tip #1: Make sure you site is so damn good that other sites actually will want to link to you.

#3 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

But remember it doesn't matter how good your site or its content is if no one knows it exists or can't find it in the SE's.

Natrual / Organic links are all very well and good, but people need to know about your site before they can link to it.

You need to approach similar sites and find willing business partners who will help promote or link to your site.

Run advertising campaigns, PPC, and other tasks such as link building campaigns to get yourself out there, then the organic links will grow by themselves.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,766 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(writeninthestar @ May 10 2009, 11:55 PM) View Post
I would like to know the basic knowledge about increasing back links. Could you tell me some tips?

Have you tried reading this pinned thread from the top of the very forum in which your question is posted? smile.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#5 writeninthestar

writeninthestar

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(torka @ May 11 2009, 08:45 AM) View Post
Have you tried reading this pinned thread from the top of the very forum in which your question is posted? smile.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

Hi Torka,

thanks!

#6 CHT09

CHT09

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Apply to www.dmoz.org too.

That is the generally the most valuable back link you will ever have, yet it takes generally at least 6 months to get accepted sad.gif

Thanks

#7 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(CHT09 @ May 12 2009, 03:51 PM) View Post
Apply to www.dmoz.org too.

That is the generally the most valuable back link you will ever have, yet it takes generally at least 6 months to get accepted sad.gif

Thanks

gah..dmoz is not what it once was/

Set up microblogs on separate class c ip adresses that are informational and relevant to your main site, link back to your site on the blogrolls. Submit original articles on article database sites and put one link to your main site by your author bio. Find other sites in your industry that are link trade friendly, send them an email and politely request swapping links. Buy advertising, banner or other wise on sites relevant to yours that link back to you for traffic and link juice.

Theres more but im giving away a lot already/

#8 CHT09

CHT09

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

But in terms of a singular free directory Dmoz is still the most valuable, so get your application in early.

I agree though article submission is a big one, don't swamp each article with links either. Just one deep or homepage link is much more powerful.

smile.gif

#9 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

exactly, ONE link only, really write a good article on something pertaining to your industry, not a bunch of cheap pops to your site. I agree DMOZ is quality but unreliable as far as getting in as it is volunteer driven so you cannot count on it, getting in IS a bonus.

#10 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

I personally wouldn't depend upon DMOZ to do anything for you. Starting with the fact that it takes a lifetime to get listed there, if you ever get listed at all. Submit there sure, but don't count on it ever actually appearing.

I wouldn't suggest setting up spam-a-lot microblogs either. Not only is it not going to help much unless you also market them, but chances are getting better every day that your little empire will get discovered and completely discounted.

#11 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ May 12 2009, 09:27 PM) View Post
I personally wouldn't depend upon DMOZ to do anything for you. Starting with the fact that it takes a lifetime to get listed there, if you ever get listed at all. Submit there sure, but don't count on it ever actually appearing.

I wouldn't suggest setting up spam-a-lot microblogs either. Not only is it not going to help much unless you also market them, but chances are getting better every day that your little empire will get discovered and completely discounted.

I disagree.

#12 jmb

jmb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

what about 'free traffic system'...they appear to be a ponzi scheme backlink-syndication system, but they are getting high SERPs for participants...and they're "free", so they are hard to compete against in a white-hat sense. It seems like Google cannot (or will not) differentiate or penalize this type of "backlink farm"?

#13 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,210 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

That is the generally the most valuable back link you will ever have

Umm...no.

Please don't post very outdated info here. There's enough old Seo Myths on other forums.

#14 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ May 13 2009, 01:11 PM) View Post
Umm...no.

Please don't post very outdated info here. There's enough old [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15499]Seo Myths[/url] on other forums.

In Ancient Times, DMOZ would double as googles "web directory" and in the early 2000's this was very important, or was believed to be for getting better postion in google. As Jill pointed out though , that is very outdated seo mythology long since being relevant,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!