• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Blog Text Not Being Picked Up By Google?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crosby

crosby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

Hi

For some reason it appears Google is not picking up the text on any of my blog pages which seems to be having a negative effect with SEO. I have only just found this out and can't think why it would be doing this, all of the other pages in the site are being cached fine.

This is an example of one of my blog pages.
mailroomadvisor.com/dm50-franking-machine

However, this is all that shows up when you look at the page google has cached.
209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:YIrDfcQmJeIJ:www.mailroomadvisor.com/dm50-franking-machine+site:www.mailroomadvisor.com&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

But Google can obviously read the text as this is what you see when you click the text only link.
209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:YIrDfcQmJeIJ:www.mailroomadvisor.com/dm50-franking-machine+site:www.mailroomadvisor.com&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1

Can anyone shed any light as to why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:48 AM

As long as you see the text in the text-only cache then you know Google is indexing it.

#3 crosby

crosby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for the fast reply Jill.

So even though the cached version of the page in Google is blank, this won't effect the rankings of the site as long as there is text in the text only cache?

Have you heard of this happening before?

Thanks again

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

Have you checked how your page renders with multiple browsers? I imagine it's a rendering problem and just something on the surface.

But it looks that way in Google, other browsers might also make the page not look right.

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

The times I've seen it before it's always come back to being something in the css instructions somewhere.

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

It may be a low (internal) PageRank issue. It could also be due to the way Google indexes blogs (they made substantial changes last October).

HOWEVER ...

A site query for your domain in Google Blogsearch brings up no recent results (nothing since January 20) and I cannot find anything resembling a blog on the site (although there is an RSS feed link).

Did you do a site redesign in January?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.