• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Wordpress And Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:59 AM

I have tried to embed videos that I have uploaded to my server, but so far no luck.

I have downloaded a wordpress plugin "embedded-video-with-link", installed it and red the tutorial but I can't get it to work.

I have downloaded flash media player from adobe, installed it and red the tutorial but I can't get it to work.

I get the feeling that there is something missing in the instructions, or that I'm supposed to understand some parts that are not explained. Could someone help me with this? A piece of code that works, where I can change the addresses to the media-player file and the video files on my server.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

It's a lot easier to just upload to YouTube and paste the code they provide you with right into your page. But perhaps someone here knows how you'd create that code yourself...

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:36 AM

Are you using Wordpress' upload tool to get the video onto your server, or are you doing it via an FTP client? If you use the Wordpress tool (the circled icon in the image below) you have the option of having the CMS put it in its default location and generating the code to embed it.

#4 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

The flash uploader gave me this message: "This file is too big. Your php.ini upload_max_filesize is 100000000."
The Browser uploader seems to be working. It's going to take a few hours though, my broadband is not very broad zz.gif

I have two files, both about 250MB

Is there no way for me to use the files I already uploaded via FTP?

I tried YouTube first, but the video is too long, it's not accepted.

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

I suppose you could try uploading a much smaller video file and temporarily embedding it in a post just to see the code WP uses, then edit that code to embed the file you FTP'd to the server and paste it into the post that will contain the video.

#6 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

I tried with a small file, less than 10MB, but no luck.

The flash uploader still tells me it's too big, and with the Browser uploader nothing happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.