• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Related Searches

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Our own Qwerty has published a very interesting blog post on Google related searches.

QUOTE(article snippet)
So apparently, Google hasnít indexed the content of the puzzle and related every clue to it. Rather, it looks like it has detected a trend: someone searches on some of the clues, someone else searches on the same clues, someone else searches on some of those and a few others, and this all happens within a few hours, so Google determines that the searches are related to each other based on that, so when I come in and search on one of the clues, Google offers up some of the other searches that were run today by other people who ran that same search.

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

It will be interesting to see if the A**** Shad** guy who commented on the post (and on SE Roundtable's coverage of the post) comes back and actually offers a blog URL. He appears to be promoting an unrelated make-cash-quick resource through domain name mentions in blog comments.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, I noticed that smile.gif

His domain does have a /blog/ directory indexed by G, but its URL, like every other one I tried, just redirects to that one page at the root. For what it's worth, the link from my blog is nofollowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!