• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Beloved One Way Links

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gwen

Gwen

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

I have a pet related business, and I have quite a few one way links from pet rescue organizations, placed on their sites because I donate a percentage of sales proceeds to those organizations. Despite my great liking and support for these organizations, I deliberately haven't linked back to them, since I have been under the impression that one way links are better than reciprocal links. The person who did some work on my site for me lately felt I was really in the wrong here, and that it would benefit me with google to link back to them, since they say google likes to see valuable resources for my sites users on my pages. I understand that idea, but believe that the value of having quite a few honest to goodness organic links trumps whatever value google may see in a link back. What do you think? And thank you in advance!

#2 chovy

chovy

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:20 AM

Interesting question...my first re-action was absolutely link to them.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,912 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

If they're websites and organizations that you feel would benefit your site visitors, then of course link to them. The other things shouldn't even be a consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!