• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Tools Are Good?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scialom

scialom

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hi all,

I try to do a proper keyword search but I don't find a decent tool. Google tool seems to give random number depends on the time you look and wordtracker give really different results from Google.

For example according to Google the keyword 'freelancer software' has an average search of 2400 but in March only 700 searched for it. Wordtracker says no one is searching for it. No one.

it is very confusing and it is hard to know which keyword is worth optimizing my page to.

Your thoughts?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

Are you using the Google tool with "exact search" turned on, rather than "broad match"? The numbers make a lot more sense usually with exact.

The other thing is that the monthly avg. could certainly be different if you're looking at the types of keywords that could be seasonal in nature.

All in all though, the Google keyword tool seems to be the best out there right now as you're getting your data directly from Google, not from gawd knows where.

#3 deldove

deldove

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:19 AM

hi

if we are talking about the google keywords, as a rule should i choose always a selection of keyword combinations that match my services AND is near the top the list for its qty of monthly searches even though it probably gets a load of competition?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

Not necessarily. You don't want to choose the most searched phrases because that's what everyone else is doing and it will be too hard to show up for them. You'll need to do some checking on how competitive the phrases are and then find ones that get a good amount of searches, but others haven't thought to optimize for them yet. I call those "keyword gems."

#5 deldove

deldove

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

thank you

any by saying that - do you mean using google's keyword suggestion tool for example?

ive noticed that on googles home page, when i type in a keyword - it comes up with xx qty of results for related terms. is this the same thing and the keyword tool within google adwords essentially?

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

No, I typically try to see how many pages are using the phrase in their title tag at google by doing an allintitle:"keyword phrase" search.

#7 varun

varun

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

thanks for suggestion

#8 redsonia!

redsonia!

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

For those who are interested in finding appropriate keywords and checking the competition for those words: Check out the two pinned threads at the top of this "Keyword Research" forum. They both provide excellent info and walk you through the whole process. Of course, after you go through the pinned threads, then it's up to you to do the actual work.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!