• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Old Site, And New Site, Want To Blog, Not Sure How To Approach It.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doogie88

doogie88

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

I have my old site which has been around since 2001, traffic is not that great right now, maybe 500 daily visitors, but does have quite a few incoming links built over the years. This site is commercial, with sales copy on the front page, but does have a ton of free info, as well as free forum with approx 1000 active members.

Then I have a new site I'm releasing which wont' be commercial, main focus is it to be free and sell advertising. It will be much larger than the above site and I hope to get atleast 2000+ daily visitors.

Now my question is, I wan to start blogging, which should I put the blog on? I think in a perfect world, it would be on both. But I want my blog to be updated daily, and possibly twice a day if needed. I think it would be too time consuming to update two blogs daily, and won't have enough interest, if I bounce back and forth between the two, posting every other day. That's just my thoughts, but that may be the best bet. I was thinking of hiring someone, but I'm pretty picking, and considering one is commercial, I have to be careful of what the blogger writes. But I would also have to be careful of the new one as it's just starting out and don't want someone to hurt it's reputation.

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,587 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

Physically place the blog where ever it makes sense from an administrative standpoint. That is, where is it going to be easiest for you to access and manage it? This might be one or the other of your existing domains, or on a third domain entirely.

You can link the blog from either domain (or both) and pull in and display the blog's RSS feed if you want to actually show the blog articles.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#3 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:35 AM

or on a third domain entirely.

You can link the blog from either domain (or both)
cool , so you endorse the 3 way trapizoidal linking matrifux theory then wink1.gif

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,587 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

I endorse the linking from where it makes sense theory... giggle.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your