• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

High Pr / Old Sites - Completely Changing Content

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mona

Mona

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

Someone I work with bought some high PR / old sites (PR around 4, 4+ years old) and suggested using them just for the link juice. I.e. Creating content about the "new keyword," and linking to the main site.

Let's say the high PR / old site is www.flowers.com and his main site is www.breedbunnyrabbits.com.

If you change the content of www.flowers.com so that it just talks about bunny rabbits and then link it to www.breedbunnyrabbits.com, will that in fact have a positive effect on the PR of www.breedbunnyrabbits.com?

My concern is that a) the URL keywords have nothing to do with the proposed content, cool.gif the complete change of pages / content (which plays a major role in PR)

Any thoughts? Anyone done this before?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

PageRank (in the traditional sense) has nothing to do with the words on the page or the domain name. So that won't matter.

However, Google does try to reset the PageRank statistics of a site once it's got a new owner. So it's likely that the slate will be wiped clean and you'd be starting with 0 PageRank just like any other new site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!