• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Can We Do ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeladuk

Mikeladuk

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Hi All, I run a website with my friends, now for some time its not been neglected for such a long time that I got new admins involved with the site.

its a gaming website made from joomla but we need lots of advice on keywords and i'm currently reading up on seo to try and understand it.

any advice would be great

#2 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Mikeladuk @ Apr 29 2009, 09:32 AM) View Post
Hi All, I run a website with my friends, now for some time its not been neglected for such a long time that I got new admins involved with the site.

its a gaming website made from joomla but we need lots of advice on keywords and i'm currently reading up on seo to try and understand it.

any advice would be great

First thing first, if you haven't done so, read Jill's great articles on SEO on, you got it, www.highrankings.com!

Second, regarding Joomla in specific, you're plan is going to depend to some extent on the version of Joomla. 1.x was a little less SEO-friendly than 1.5.x. Please refer to the article http://www.highranki...mp;#entry296834. This will help you to understand whether you need to install an SEO component or not.

The other thing is Joomla - you have to thoroughly learn the functionality of content articles, titles, advanced article parameters where SEO is configured and global SEO settings in global configuration.

Make up some non public pages and tinker with them. It takes some digging to understand changes and impact.

-B

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

The [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php/topic/833-tips-for-new-seos/]Tips for Newbies[/url] would be the best place for you to start. Followed by reading the threads you'll see pinned at the top of each section of the forums. They're pinned for a reason. wink1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!